[RFC] Multiple file uploads

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Danielx64

Re: [RFC] Multiple file uploads

Post by Danielx64 »

psoTFX wrote:If you want a patch or diff for a given pull request just add .patch or .diff to the PR no. in the url, e.g. https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/877.patch

Yay, Thankyou for that, now let see if one can get this sexy thing going on 3.0.x line.

hhappy

Post by hhappy »

I'm looking forward to the addition fo the multiple file uploads to phpbb.
I do have one question though..

When uploading multiple pictures.. will there be an option to specify the order in which these will be displayed?
for example.. i have 10 images and i want to display image 8 and then 4 and 3 and 9 etc opposed to image 1,2,3 to 10

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

hhappy wrote:When uploading multiple pictures.. will there be an option to specify the order in which these will be displayed?
for example.. i have 10 images and i want to display image 8 and then 4 and 3 and 9 etc opposed to image 1,2,3 to 10
I don't think this has been considered. The pictures currently probably appear in the order they were uploaded (by attachment id).

hhappy

Post by hhappy »

When using the single file method (3.0) you control the order.

I'm just wondering if there will be a way to control the order while uploading 10 (or more) files at the same time.

Would really appreciate if there was a tool/method to do this (besides uploading files one at a time)

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

hhappy wrote: I'm just wondering if there will be a way to control the order while uploading 10 (or more) files at the same time.

Would really appreciate if there was a tool/method to do this (besides uploading files one at a time)
The only method I know you may use to control the order is if you send the files as blob and you control all that is behind the file sending process.
I don't really know the reason for that. Isn't that what's important is that all files are in the server?
Anyway, maybe this can solve that problem...
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... t/FormData

hhappy

Post by hhappy »

The reason why I'm asking is for a website that does a lot of photo trip reports.. Order of uploaded and attached files is important when telling the story.

Anyway.. Assuming the multi file upload will be added to 3.1.. I would love to see an option added to it so that when doing a multi file upload you can specify the display order..

Hope this all makes sense

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/833 lists this topic as the RFC.

Please write a summary/spec for the changes made. This should include:

1. A list of user-visible changes. Can users do anything that was not previously possible? In other words, has any functionality been added that users would notice?
2. A list of (major) features that were changed. They could either have changed behavior or have a different implementation (plupload instead of whatever existed before) with the same UI. This is needed for testing the changes.
3. A list of (major) TODO items. Is there functionality missing that must be completed before the code that is already written is shippable? Is there functionality that is not strictly required but that would be extremely helpful? Are there any wishlist items that are not critical?

NORDLANDVOLK

Post by NORDLANDVOLK »

some news about this?
sorry for my bad english :oops:

Mess

Post by Mess »

I'm getting this error when I try to upload an image here on area51:

Code: Select all

General Error
You are not allowed to access this file.

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/message_parser.php
LINE: 1656
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 478
CALL: parse_message->get_submitted_attachment_data()

prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »