phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Moc

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by Moc »

Sorry, when was the last update to this thread?

Is this information current?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I've updated it now. We are waiting for all blocker bugs to be fixed, then we will be releasing 3.1-a1. http://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?jql=pr ... key%20DESC

aleha

Post by aleha »

Hi, I want to make a test installation to try out the current dev version of 3.1.
From where can I download it?

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Here are nightly builds of the 'develop' branch.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

I broke the post count for area51, we will try to get that fixed as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience! :?
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

alex1204

Post by alex1204 »

nickvergessen is very glad to see you in live
http://www.flying-bits.org/ you don't update

when at last there will be release 3.1?

aleha

Post by aleha »

Hi, is there any up to date documentation (or examples) on hooks for 3.1?
The docs in the 3.1-dev link posted above are the same as in the 3.0.11.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Hooks have been renamed to Events in 3.1 and are implemented differently. The old 3.0-style Hooks are being retained for backwards compatibility, but for Extensions created for 3.1, Events should be used. Documentation on Events can be found on our wiki. It is currently not complete and will probably be updated as 3.1 gets closer to being released. If you have any specific questions on how to use or implement events in your extension, you may ask in #phpbb-dev (irc: webchat.freenode.net). When 3.1-Alpha1 is released, we plan to create new Extensions in Development and Extension Authors Discussion (or similar) forums on the phpBB.com Community Board so that people can ask questions and share information on creating extensions.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

SectionIXV

Re: Testing phpBB 3.1

Post by SectionIXV »

Oleg wrote:Testing phpBB 3.1

How to test a particular feature in 3.1:

1. Go to the list of RFCs in this topic, pick a feature you want to test. "Patch in progress" features are incomplete, and the following instructions apply to them. To test "Merged" features, download the current 3.1 snapshot as described in the post directly above.

2. Follow the link to the RFC topic.

3. Determine the location of the latest patch. This is done by scanning posts backwards from the most recent post looking for things like "work in progress is: <github url>". In case of timezone topic this is the post.

Since this scanning can be tedious I will be gradually updating the first posts of RFCs with the current patch links, and I have done so for the timezone RFC. However for the time being you might have to look through a few posts to determine what code should be tested.

4. Follow the link to current patch on github.

5. Click on "Source" link in top left corner. It should be already highlighted, click it again.

6. You should now see "Downloads" link on top right where "develop <-> feature/new-tz-handling" was previously. Click there.

7. Under "Download source", download the tree as either a zip file or a tar.gz file depending on your operating system. Make note of "branch: feature/new-tz-handling" - this should match the RFC you are trying to test.

8. Use the downloaded package to perform a clean install or an update of an existing board.

9. Test and post results in the RFC topic.
Hi Oleg, I want to try this one out. Is this still applicable today? Or are there any new guides I can follow through? Thanks! I am a newbie :P

Mess

Post by Mess »

EXreaction wrote:I've updated it now. We are waiting for all blocker bugs to be fixed, then we will be releasing 3.1-a1. http://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?jql=pr ... key%20DESC
Status 06-09-2013.

3 Open
1 Patch Needs Work
2 Patch Awaiting Review

Getting closer. :)