Patch submitting doubts

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
sakimahesh

Patch submitting doubts

Post by sakimahesh »

Hello,
I am having a problem in changing head branch name in the pull request.I would like it to be in ticket/<ticket_id> format.

I have submitted a pull request https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/1349 but there were some issues with it.
Though i am able to sort out all by myself but this head branch_name is giving me some problems as i want it to be in desired format.

Also forhttp://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-9975issue i am not able to get the desired source file to work on.

Thanks,

Saket Maheshwary

Oleg

Re: Patch submitting doubts

Post by Oleg »

Github does not allow changing the branch of a pull request. Assuming you created a branch with correct name locally you need to submit a new pull request for it.

For the second part of your post I am not sure what you are asking.

sakimahesh

Post by sakimahesh »

Sorry i had provided the wrong link for the issue.
http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-9975 is the issue link from bug tracker.
For this bug i am not getting to the sessons.php file from the code repository on git.

Thanks
Saket Maheshwary

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Try session.php?

asperous
Google Summer of Code Student

Post by asperous »

Sakimahesh,

I fixed 9975 already in pull #1365; it was in session.php but the text was a little different so you couldn't just full-text search for that error message.

Just to be clear, you aren't allowed to switch the branch as Oleg says, but it's easy enough to close it and reference the old pull request number in a new one as to continue the discussion. To add more commits in the same pull request if the branch is the same you can simply commit to that feature branch and push to your forked repository, this will update the pull request with the latest changes.

Good luck!
Andy.

sakimahesh

Post by sakimahesh »

Thanks for the reply i will work over it.

Also, i would like to ask:
Whether the selection criteria of a proposal for GSOC is based on just your proposal submitted only and besides it the patch proposed by one for trivial issues will give some advantage and will help in selection or just a strong proposal will get selected over all for a particular idea?

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

sakimahesh wrote:Also, i would like to ask:
Whether the selection criteria of a proposal for GSOC is based on just your proposal submitted only and besides it the patch proposed by one for trivial issues will give some advantage and will help in selection or just a strong proposal will get selected over all for a particular idea?
You are more likely to be picked if you have submitted a patch before GSoC, because doing so allows you to get used to the contribution procedures and allows you to familiarize yourself with the codebase. It also lets us know that you actually do know what you're doing.

That being said, the proposal is still the biggest part of the decision. Having a well written and detailed proposal will help your chances at getting picked.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

sakimahesh

Post by sakimahesh »

Thanks it helps a lot .

I am currently working on my proposal and will submit a draft proposal of it in a day or two.