phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
alex1204

Re: phpBB 3.1 Information and Status

Post by alex1204 »

Go Go Go!!!
we want phpBB 3.1

aleha

Post by aleha »

Hi, from what I see at : http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3 at the Projects tab, there will be a 3.0.12, 3.0.13 and 3.0.14 before a 3.1RC.

I understand that 3.0.12 is almost here, but will there be necessary a 3.0.13 and 3.0.14 before the release of 3.1?

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

The 3.0.x line has no bearing on the release of 3.1.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

We will continue to release 3.0.x versions for a little while after 3.1 is released. I think (don't quote me on this) we are going to continue 3.0.x support for about 6 months after 3.1 comes out, including maintenance releases as needed.

Note that versions in the tracker are not necessarily indicative of planned releases. It's just a way for us to organize tickets.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

Alien_Time

Post by Alien_Time »

imkingdavid wrote:We will continue to release 3.0.x versions for a little while after 3.1 is released.
Why do you need to release 3.0.x once 3.1 is released? Shouldn't 3.1 have the updates security, patches and bug fixes so isint it better for all users to upgrade to 3.1 instead of 3.0.x? What's the need for releasing versions of 3.0.x then?

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Alien_Time wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:We will continue to release 3.0.x versions for a little while after 3.1 is released.
Why do you need to release 3.0.x once 3.1 is released? Shouldn't 3.1 have the updates security, patches and bug fixes so isint it better for all users to upgrade to 3.1 instead of 3.0.x? What's the need for releasing versions of 3.0.x then?
Because people cannot upgrade due to things they use might not be compatible or they don't have time etc. It's the same as saying the following but talking about windows:
Why do you need to release windows 7 updates once windows 8 is released? Shouldn't windows 8 have the updates security, patches and bug fixes so isint it better for all users to upgrade to windows 8 instead of windows 7? What's the need for releasing updates for windows 7 then?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Bugs that affect both 3.0 and 3.1 are usually fixed for both versions; for the most part, 3.1 just has the new features.

Mess

Post by Mess »

I just got this error:
Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1668157411

Varnish cache server

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

That is a Varnish error--it is not related to phpBB.

Saulo Magno

Post by Saulo Magno »

Hi guys!

I actually use Kunena forum for Joomla. Can you said me, please if phpbb3.1 or phpbb4 is coming soon, or there is many months more? That's because I don0t want to migrate from kunena to phpbb3 and migrate to 3.1 again....

Many thanks for answers :)