Quick MOD Moderation Improvements

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Quick MOD Moderation Improvements

Post by DavidIQ »

You created a ticket but no RFC exists... :?:

Mess

Post by Mess »

EXreaction wrote:View forum in the MCP, where you can moderate multiple topics, is essentially already duplicating the normal viewforum plus adding a quickmod feature. I would think that just having quick mod on view forum and get rid of the view forum in the MCP would be preferable. It would be significantly less maintenance and would be more usable.
+1 !

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

psoTFX wrote:You can blame me for the current solution - I was adamant it should be separated vs. Bart's integrated. With hindsight Bart's solution would've been superior - so I'd tend to agree with the OP.
We blame you for everything. :mrgreen:

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

I agree that it would be a lot easier to use if more moderation features were available directly from viewforum/viewtopic rather than a dedicated moderation control panel.

jsebean

Post by jsebean »

imkingdavid wrote:
EXreaction wrote:View forum in the MCP, where you can moderate multiple topics, is essentially already duplicating the normal viewforum plus adding a quickmod feature. I would think that just having quick mod on view forum and get rid of the view forum in the MCP would be preferable. It would be significantly less maintenance and would be more usable.
I actually agree with this. I've never enjoyed the MCP, since it is somewhat difficult to navigate and is just a duplication of what you already see on viewtopic. I would support something like this, personally, if the MCP is then changed to not include the viewforum duplication. We don't need to have two places to do the exact same thing, as that would simply be more confusing.
+1 to this.

So...
I'm with t_backoff on this, Yes for 1 and 2, but the rename thing should just stick to opening the topic and renaming. I can't think of a case where you'd want to mass-rename topics. Only reason I can think of is a support forum to mass-mark things as solved, but if that were needed that should be a mod, not in the core. To be able to mod in the viewforum.php/viewtopic is a lot better. In fact, in all the time I've moderated a board and ran mine, I honestly don't ever remember using the viewforum in the MCP.
-Jonah

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

yes for 1 and 2 i marked OK in first post.
for 3 marked NOT OK.

Jessica.

Post by Jessica. »

I'm all for this, I've been using the above mod for months and it's so useful. I don't have to go into the MCP all the time to move, delete, lock etc