Moderator with more privileges

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
zenit10

Moderator with more privileges

Post by zenit10 »

i have a question that i´d like to know
For when a version of phpbb where a moderator has Administrator privileges from a subforum to their children?

that allow him to change image forum, create new forum, control user´s post, change logo...etc

and another question.. where can i see the new purposes of phpbb and their progress (roadmap)?

thank you very much for all

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Re: Moderator with more privileges

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

phpBB does not have a development roadmap.

Doing administrator level things in a sub-section of the board is not likely in the 3.x line due to architectural reasons - most administrator things are simply designed to be board-wide and redoing them would require changing big chunks of code.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

zenit10

Post by zenit10 »

and to give privileges like to create, delete, change subforum from a specific forum, or to allow him to decide his logo.. is it so difficult as well??

maybe for version 4.x could be posible??

thank you very much Jelly

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Maybe in phpBB4 it will be possible to add events that allow an extension to do such thing effectively.
Anyway, I'm against doing that in the core

Jaftica

Post by Jaftica »

Gotta' give it -1

zenit10

Post by zenit10 »

brunoais wrote:Maybe in phpBB4 it will be possible to add events that allow an extension to do such thing effectively.
Anyway, I'm against doing that in the core
i doesnt matter if we have to modified the core or use like an extension. the important i think is the posibility to do it.

we are disscusing all this in the next link
https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... 78&t=43637