[RFC|Merged] Pagination as <ul> list

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Re: [RFC|Merged] Pagination as <ul> list

Post by Paul »

The previous/next buttons are gone in at least viewtopic now at the bottom, I guess caused by this merged change, http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-11014

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Indeed - the previous/next were set in the old pagination function I completely missed that. I'll add back that functionality (minus the template prefix stuff which afaik isn't used anywhere and is non-existent now anyway) via phpbb_on_page.

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

psoTFX you are one of the old phpBB user.
maybe you are one of the phpBB father. 11 years ago you registered in phpbb. ( oh my god ) 11 years ago i was a kid and i did not know what is internet. :D
how old are u ?

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

465 - give or take a day or two :P

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Seeing that bug it might be nice to also add some functional tests. For example to check that pagination exists and works correctly on viewtopic & viewforum. If you feel like getting into the functional testing framework ;-)

oddfish

Post by oddfish »

http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-11018 and line 395 in viewonline.php 'PAGINATION' => $pagination, causes some issues from the pagination update in general.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

The offset in the styling is something I'll look at ... again ... proSilver is a pita. Will look @ the viewonline issue, thought I'd removed all the PAGINATION assignments, so much for search and replace :D The white space issue - possible I'm not up to date but imho it's of little to no consequence and just due to the way the pagination conditional statements are laid out. Personally I'd rather have the templates readable.

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Which white space issues are you talking about? Is this related to memberlist as well? But yeah i agree, readability & over brevity ;-)

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

bantu wrote:It has been brought to my attention that http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2140429 might be a good idea to implement.
+1

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

Not sure that belongs with this RFC which was about moving the source rendered pagination code to the template - that's been achieved. Seems this is really a new (or bumped existing?) RFC.