Quick MOD Moderation Improvements

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

Hi what is your idea about this tools:

1- can select multi topics in viewforum and edit them ( lock,approve,delete ,... ) Image
like:
standard-actions.png
(110.84 KiB) Downloaded 3311 times
2- can select multi posts in topics and edit them ( delete , approve , ... ) Image

3- can quick rename topic Image
like:
topic-rename.png
(100.54 KiB) Downloaded 3311 times
4- tell me your new idea ...!!!
Last edited by Meis2M on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbackoff

Re: Quick MOD Moderation Improvements

Post by tbackoff »

Meis2M wrote:1- can select multi topics in viewforum and edit them ( lock,approve,delete ,... )
2- can select multi posts in topics and edit them ( delete , approve , ... )
Eh, OK. I can see that being useful.
Meis2M wrote:3- can quick rename topic
No.
Meis2M wrote:4- tell me your new idea ...!!!
plz include sink so I can wash me handz! kthxbye!

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

I find it interesting, but here should apply ajax to save the changes.
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

You would need to know the contents of the topic in order to rename them, so I do not see how that part would be helpful.

You can do most of that stuff already in the Moderator Control Panel in each forum, but I believe it would be much more useful in viewforum (I really dislike the MCP).

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

Sounds interesting i guess...
If it is to be included, there should be a show/hide button for the mcp options.
Previous user: TheKiller

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

Duplicating the MCP into the normal view does not make sense to me as suggested. If you want to perform some quick action with a topic, use the Quick-mod tools. If you have to do more complicated things, use the moderator control panel. The functionality for batch updates does already exist.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

View forum in the MCP, where you can moderate multiple topics, is essentially already duplicating the normal viewforum plus adding a quickmod feature. I would think that just having quick mod on view forum and get rid of the view forum in the MCP would be preferable. It would be significantly less maintenance and would be more usable.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

EXreaction wrote:View forum in the MCP, where you can moderate multiple topics, is essentially already duplicating the normal viewforum plus adding a quickmod feature. I would think that just having quick mod on view forum and get rid of the view forum in the MCP would be preferable. It would be significantly less maintenance and would be more usable.
I actually agree with this. I've never enjoyed the MCP, since it is somewhat difficult to navigate and is just a duplication of what you already see on viewtopic. I would support something like this, personally, if the MCP is then changed to not include the viewforum duplication. We don't need to have two places to do the exact same thing, as that would simply be more confusing.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

You can blame me for the current solution - I was adamant it should be separated vs. Bart's integrated. With hindsight Bart's solution would've been superior - so I'd tend to agree with the OP.

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

working on viewforum in MCP for new Moderator that they have not enough knowledge about phpbb for first time and some time for me that work about 6 years is difficult and confusing.

MCP would be good and perfect for :
Moderation queue
Reported messages
User notes
Warnings
Moderator logs
Banning

but i think Viewforum tools ( lock,approve,delete ... ) in MCP Should be transferred to Viewforum.It will be so easy and lovely to manage topics.

i created a ticket here:
http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-10988

i dont know this feature is easy for DEV or MOD team for creation or not ? my programming knowledge is not good. and i dont know it is possible add this feature.
( sorry for my english )