[RFC] Don't show banned members birthdays

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
Danielx64

Re: [RFC] Don't show banned members birthdays

Post by Danielx64 »

Regardless if it a bug or not, +1 from me :)

Edit: I would put it in as as improvement

nickvergessen
Former Team Member

Post by nickvergessen »

Should maybe get an article in the wiki, similar to http://wiki.phpbb.com/Inactive_Users
Member of the Development-TeamNo Support via PM

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Same could also be said for a newest registered user who is then banned. Not sure how that would be implemented though as the information is gotten from $config
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Go2GamerGuys

Post by Go2GamerGuys »

Wouldn't this be better of as a mod. I mean it probably is very achievable, and is not such a big deal if it shows banned users birthdays.

Plus you can always remove the banned users birthday, or keep changing it before it does hit their birthday so they never get to celebrate it. :twisted:

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 »

Go2GamerGuys wrote:Wouldn't this be better of as a mod. I mean it probably is very achievable, and is not such a big deal if it shows banned users birthdays.

Plus you can always remove the banned users birthday, or keep changing it before it does hit their birthday so they never get to celebrate it. :twisted:
No, some say it a bug while others say it a improvement, and it something that needs to be fixed.

Go2GamerGuys

Post by Go2GamerGuys »

I am going with bug. Why would you even want to have the ability to show users birthdays.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Go2GamerGuys wrote:Wouldn't this be better of as a mod. I mean it probably is very achievable, and is not such a big deal if it shows banned users birthdays.

That's just a lot of work on the admin to go through to each banned member and make sure their birthday is either not set or (you'd have to check back continually) not coming up soon.

In my opinion, I agree that there is no reason to display banned members' birthdays, so they should be hidden by default.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

Hmm. The birthday code already mentions BANLIST_TABLE. https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/blob/de ... ex.php#L95

Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Unknown Bliss wrote:Currently, if you ban a spam bot, then it obviously can't post. However they still show up on Birthday. Sometimes the spambots select the same day (paricularly the 1st of Jan and 31st December) and result in days such as today.
Thing is, those users aren't banned so obviously they show up.

[edit]
Seems I missed Andreas his post
Available on .com
Support Toolkit developer