Enable quick reply in all area51 forums

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
ForumsFaciles

Re: Enable quick reply in all area51 forums

Post by ForumsFaciles »

Considering that each user has its preferences...

Maybe could it be an per user option...

Like the "Notify me upon replies by default", something as "Expand QA by default"

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

I think we already have more than enough options, we can't make every single button on the UI configurable or nobody will know how to find any option anymore.

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

naderman wrote:I think it makes it a lot easier and quicker to use. And you immediately see that quick reply is actually there. With the button I typically still clicked post reply cause I didn't realise there was an editor right there.

What I could imagine though, is collapsing it on all pages but the last. Since it's a bit less natural to reply before the end of the topic.
viewtopic code

Code: Select all

// let us set up the last page...only want quick reply to show on the last page
$qr_lastpage = ((floor($start / $config['posts_per_page']) + 1) == max(ceil($total_posts / $config['posts_per_page']), 1)) ? true : false;
$s_quick_reply = false;
if ($user->data['is_registered'] && $config['allow_quick_reply'] && ($topic_data['forum_flags'] & FORUM_FLAG_QUICK_REPLY) && $auth->acl_get('f_reply', $forum_id) && $qr_lastpage)
{
	// Quick reply enabled forum
	$s_quick_reply = (($topic_data['forum_status'] == ITEM_UNLOCKED && $topic_data['topic_status'] == ITEM_UNLOCKED) || $auth->acl_get('m_edit', $forum_id)) ? true : false;
}
will only show if on last page of topic.
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

jsebean

Post by jsebean »

phpbb.com should have QR too :P
-Jonah