Allow all admins to purge cache

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Arty
Former Team Member

Allow all admins to purge cache

Post by Arty »

Currently only founder has permission to purge cache, but it might happen that other administrator might need to purge cache: if another administrator has updated files or something broke.

Wouldn't it make sense to allow all administrators to purge cache? That function is completely harmless.

igorw

Re: Allow all admins to purge cache

Post by igorw »

Agree, restricting to founders makes no sense.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

+1, I've had to have several boards I work on make me founder so that I can purge the cache.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

How about requiring a_server so that there is some granularity on the permission.

I agree that there is nothing really harmful that can be done with "Purge the Cache", just throwing an idea out.
A_Jelly_Doughnut