[RFC|Merged] Copy post text in report when reporting posts

These requests for comments/change have lead to an implemented feature that has been successfully merged into the 3.1/Ascraeus branch. Everything listed in this forum will be available in phpBB 3.1.
brunoais

Re: [RFC]When creating a report for a post, copy the post it

Post by brunoais »

Unknown Bliss wrote:
brunoais wrote:
Unknown Bliss wrote:
brunoais wrote:
Unknown Bliss wrote:In that case, maybe having a(nother) config option in the ACP might be the way to solve that?
You mean a ACP config option about locking (or not) the post when it is reported?
Yes
Well... some1 could make an RFC about that. Anyway, there's already a mod made for that same thing.
Why would it be a separate RFC? Thats what this RFC is about... And I was making a suggestion for the front-end implementation of it.

Seeing as the general consensus (so far) in the topic seems to be to lock posts, you pointed out when locking the post isn't a good idea and I made an additional suggestion on how that could be fixed. Thats what RFC's are for.

The reason I think it could be better in the core (and not as a MOD) is because I think its useful for the majority of board users, not a minority. But the configurable option would give board admin a choice if they are, for example, a support board to disable this behaviour without code edits. The only cons against a config option is the fact we are adding another config option and the fact that it would now require changes to the database (adding a config record) and a query on the page.
I may do that among the rest of the RFC I was intending to do.
But, because I didn't plan that, I'll need to know where that option should appear. Any suggestions?
I'll finish the RFC as stated in the OP post first, anyway. If it keeps going at the speed it is going until now, it'll be ready by Friday :D.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Post Settings possibly?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Kay... All files needed to be changed are changed, and some mild tests are completed (all tests I could remember were applied).
The branch exists.
I'm unable to send the pull correctly.
I'm at this stage:
"Merging a feature or bugfix branch".
The branch is ready but is still on my side (in my own repository).
When I try doing: "git merge --no-ff develop-olympus"
It doesn't work:
fatal: "develop-olympus" does not point to a commit
I believe I did something wrong but I'm unable to understand what it was. Help is wanted (please).

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

What is the URL for your fork on github?

You need your topic branch locally - ticket/TICKETID - and push it your github fork of phpbb. Then submit a pull request on github as shown in the guide here. There are normally quite a lot of people who can help you on #phpbb-dev for help with git.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

brunoais wrote:Kay... All files needed to be changed are changed, and some mild tests are completed (all tests I could remember were applied).
The branch exists.
I'm unable to send the pull correctly.
I'm at this stage:
"Merging a feature or bugfix branch".
The branch is ready but is still on my side (in my own repository).
When I try doing: "git merge --no-ff develop-olympus"
It doesn't work:
fatal: "develop-olympus" does not point to a commit
I believe I did something wrong but I'm unable to understand what it was. Help is wanted (please).
Actually, your branch should be based off of the "develop" branch, and that is the same branch you should be using for merge. "develop-olympus" is the 3.0.x branch, and "develop" is the 3.x branch (where x <= 1).

EDIT: If you have the branch all ready and it's based off of "develop", you can simply make sure your changes are all pushed to your branch and then click the "Pull Request" button at the top of the github page. You cannot merge directly into phpBB's develop branches, but you can submit a patch or pull request for a developer to review and then merge into the core.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

imkingdavid wrote: EDIT: If you have the branch all ready and it's based off of "develop", you can simply make sure your changes are all pushed to your branch and then click the "Pull Request" button at the top of the github page. You cannot merge directly into phpBB's develop branches, but you can submit a patch or pull request for a developer to review and then merge into the core.
k, thnx. Pull request sent. All ok now. Ready to be read and applied.
https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb3/pull/542

brunoais

Post by brunoais »

I'm having problems updating the pull request...
No one is at the IRC... The updates will have to wait
ADD:
All set. Seems like the code is ready to be reviewed. Waiting for the answer
Last edited by brunoais on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oleg

Re: [RFC|Accepted] Copy post text in report when reporting p

Post by Oleg »

Marked accepted and reworded the topic title to fit into our length limit.

Oleg

Re: [RFC|Merged] Copy post text in report when reporting pos

Post by Oleg »

Merged, moving to 3.1.