RFC Process Change Suggestion

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
callumacrae
Former Team Member

Re: RFC Process Change Suggestion

Post by callumacrae »

nextgen wrote:
callumacrae wrote:I started writing https://github.com/callumacrae/phpbb-ideas and then went on holiday
Not bad at your job, I like what I saw. :)
I haven't really done anything yet, I only spent an hour or so on it xD
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

callumacrae wrote:
nextgen wrote:
callumacrae wrote:I started writing https://github.com/callumacrae/phpbb-ideas and then went on holiday
Not bad at your job, I like what I saw. :)
I haven't really done anything yet, I only spent an hour or so on it xD
But I like the idea. :P

The voting system of ideas and we could use. :)
A good option is ideatorrent...
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

DavidIQ wrote:We could hack it up so there is the possibility to provide other solutions by other people. :idea:
And anyone can submit a solution anyway? For e.g. https://sourceforge.net/apps/ideatorren ... nt/idea/1/
Its just that the idea suggester must submit a solution.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Can IdeaTorrent be integrated with phpBB? As in, do users have to register again?

Is there any point in me continuing my WP Ideas Centre clone? :(
My blog

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Post by DavidIQ »

callumacrae wrote:Can IdeaTorrent be integrated with phpBB? As in, do users have to register again?
An auth plugin can be cooked up. That's not a problem if we're planning on hosting it.
callumacrae wrote:Is there any point in me continuing my WP Ideas Centre clone? :(
If you think it can turn out better and you have some demo of it then go for it I guess. ;)

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

DavidIQ wrote:If you think it can turn out better and you have some demo of it then go for it I guess. ;)
Challenge accepted :D
My blog

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

After looking at the github blog, there was a post about a website doing 52 projects in 52 weeks.

The aim was to kickstart projects by developing them a lot in a week and to get more people interested in opensource etc.

One of their projects that they are working on this week is called ideastrike (Github Repo here). You can view the planned features and overview of ideastrike here.

It has (very) good integration with github, a wide developer base and all their other projects seem to be getting a lot of interest and it looks like ideastrike is going the same way.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

Unknown Bliss wrote:After looking at the github blog, there was a post about a website doing 52 projects in 52 weeks.

The aim was to kickstart projects by developing them a lot in a week and to get more people interested in opensource etc.

One of their projects that they are working on this week is called ideastrike (Github Repo here). You can view the planned features and overview of ideastrike here.

It has (very) good integration with github, a wide developer base and all their other projects seem to be getting a lot of interest and it looks like ideastrike is going the same way.
Wow, based on initial impressions, I like it.

++1

EDIT: Although, it is being build on .NET framework.
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

wGEric

Post by wGEric »

I would like to suggest that you allow people to post RFCs in the 3.1 forum. Then whatever RFC isn't implemented by the time 3.1 is released then it should be moved to the 3.2 forum. Or even have only one RFC forum so that all RFCs are being discussed as if they are going to be implemented in the next major release.

People are posting in 3.2 but their real target is 3.1 which is confusing.
Eric

Arty
Former Team Member

Post by Arty »

wGEric wrote:I would like to suggest that you allow people to post RFCs in the 3.1 forum. Then whatever RFC isn't implemented by the time 3.1 is released then it should be moved to the 3.2 forum. Or even have only one RFC forum so that all RFCs are being discussed as if they are going to be implemented in the next major release.

People are posting in 3.2 but their real target is 3.1 which is confusing.
I agree, that would be nice.