[RFC] Skip post confirmation page

Note: We are moving the topics of this forum and it will be deleted at some point

Publish your own request for comments/change or patches for the next version of phpBB. Discuss the contributions and proposals of others. Upcoming releases are 3.2/Rhea and 3.3.
XTF

[RFC] Skip post confirmation page

Post by XTF »

I think the post confirmation page isn't necessary and merely adds a delay to the user experience. Could this page be removed? Instead, the user could be instantly redirected to his post.

Oleg

Re: [RFC] Skip post confirmation page

Post by Oleg »

I will support this if viewtopic.php?f=105&t=32088 does not get done. Post confirmation page seems entirely useless.

XTF

Post by XTF »

It's been annoying me for years: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=595514
Would it be possible to get a simple redirect after posting (without flash message) into 3.1?

igorw

Post by igorw »

Oleg wrote:I will support this if viewtopic.php?f=105&t=32088 does not get done. Post confirmation page seems entirely useless.
+1

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

XTF wrote:I think the post confirmation page isn't necessary and merely adds a delay to the user experience. Could this page be removed? Instead, the user could be instantly redirected to his post.
You can disable it in forum settings. I like the page - I might want to go back to forum index (I don't need to see my own post) and don't want to load an entire page of posts (which takes significantly longer on a connection like mine) in order to click the link.
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

XTF

Post by XTF »

callumacrae wrote:
XTF wrote:I think the post confirmation page isn't necessary and merely adds a delay to the user experience. Could this page be removed? Instead, the user could be instantly redirected to his post.
You can disable it in forum settings. I like the page - I might want to go back to forum index (I don't need to see my own post) and don't want to load an entire page of posts (which takes significantly longer on a connection like mine) in order to click the link.
Where exactly can it be disabled?
What kind of link have you got?

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

Are we both talking about this?

I can't find the option, but I'm sure there was. May have confused it with the post review setting. There should be an option xD
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

There is no such option.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

I believe it was there to prevent accidental double posting?
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Unknown Bliss wrote:I believe it was there to prevent accidental double posting?
Yes, but there are better (read: less time-consumgin) ways to achieve the same thing.
A_Jelly_Doughnut