Releasing 3.0.10

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
nextgen

Re: Releasing 3.0.10

Post by nextgen »

This is the latest version of the 3.0.10 branch?, As wise but hey so was seen as a tracker for version 3.0.11
*Imagine a signature super spectacular.*

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

nextgen wrote:This is the latest version of the 3.0.10 branch?, As wise but hey so was seen as a tracker for version 3.0.11
Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there.

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

bantu wrote:Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there.
There will be a next version 3.0.11 or 3.0.10 is the latest in this field? :)

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

nextgen wrote:
bantu wrote:Sorry, I have no idea what you are trying to say there.
There will be a next version 3.0.11 or 3.0.10 is the latest in this field? :)
I am pretty sure there will be a 3.0.11 release.

nextgen

Post by nextgen »

bantu wrote:I am pretty sure there will be a 3.0.11 release.
I guess between 3.0.10 and 3.0.11 version there will be a fairly large difference in the time of launch? :?

Dragosvr92

Post by Dragosvr92 »

nextgen wrote:
bantu wrote:I am pretty sure there will be a 3.0.11 release.
I guess between 3.0.10 and 3.0.11 version there will be a fairly large difference in the time of launch? :?
Probably, and 3.0.10 is still not released.
Previous user: TheKiller

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

I think it is time for a final release. A fourth release candidate seems not necessary right now since no regression bugs have been reported against 3.0.10-RC3. It has been suggested to release on January 2th 2012 and I think that would be a good idea.

Language post for RC3 (for completeness):
bantu wrote:Hello everyone,

we are preparing a third release candiate right now. There has been some minor changes to the language files: We fixed the INST_ERR_DB_INVALID_PREFIX and TABLE_PREFIX_EXPLAIN strings as per http://tracker.phpbb.com/browse/PHPBB3-10501

If you have not translated the changes from 3.0.9 to 3.0.10-RC2 yet, you might want to use the 3.0.9-to-3.0.10-RC3 change files below.

Thanks. :)

MOD format

Code: Select all

############################################################## 
## Title: phpBB 3.0.10-RC2 to phpBB 3.0.10-RC3 Language Pack Changes
## Author: naderman < naderman@phpbb.com > (Nils Adermann) http://www.phpbb.com 
## Description: 
##		
##		
##		These are the phpBB 3.0.10-RC2 to phpBB 3.0.10-RC3 Language Pack Changes summed
##		up into a little Mod. These changes are only partial and do not include any code
##		changes, therefore not meant for updating phpBB.
##		
##			
##		
## 
## Files To Edit: 
##		language/en/install.php
##
## License: http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2 
############################################################## 

#
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
#
language/en/install.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 230
	'INST_ERR_DB_INVALID_PREFIX'=> 'The prefix you entered is invalid. It must start with an alphanumeric character and must only contain alphanumeric characters, numbers and underscores.',

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
	'INST_ERR_DB_INVALID_PREFIX'=> 'The prefix you entered is invalid. It must start with a letter and must only contain letters, numbers and underscores.',

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Around Line 351
	'TABLE_PREFIX_EXPLAIN'		=> 'The prefix must start with an alphanumeric character and must only contain alphanumeric characters, numbers and underscores.',

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
	'TABLE_PREFIX_EXPLAIN'		=> 'The prefix must start with a letter and must only contain letters, numbers and underscores.',

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM
Diff/Patch format

Code: Select all

diff -crNEBwd old_versions/release-3.0.10-RC2/language/en/install.php new_version/phpBB3/language/en/install.php
*** old_versions/release-3.0.10-RC2/language/en/install.php	2011-11-27 16:23:15.000000000 +0100
--- new_version/phpBB3/language/en/install.php	2011-12-16 18:03:46.000000000 +0100
*** 232,238 ****
  	'INST_ERR'					=> 'Installation error',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_CONNECT'		=> 'Could not connect to the database, see error message below.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_FORUM_PATH'	=> 'The database file specified is within your board directory tree. You should put this file in a non web-accessible location.',
! 	'INST_ERR_DB_INVALID_PREFIX'=> 'The prefix you entered is invalid. It must start with an alphanumeric character and must only contain alphanumeric characters, numbers and underscores.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_ERROR'		=> 'No error message given.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_MYSQLI'		=> 'The version of MySQL installed on this machine is incompatible with the “MySQL with MySQLi Extension” option you have selected. Please try the “MySQL” option instead.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_SQLITE'		=> 'The version of the SQLite extension you have installed is too old, it must be upgraded to at least 2.8.2.',
--- 232,238 ----
  	'INST_ERR'					=> 'Installation error',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_CONNECT'		=> 'Could not connect to the database, see error message below.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_FORUM_PATH'	=> 'The database file specified is within your board directory tree. You should put this file in a non web-accessible location.',
! 	'INST_ERR_DB_INVALID_PREFIX'=> 'The prefix you entered is invalid. It must start with a letter and must only contain letters, numbers and underscores.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_ERROR'		=> 'No error message given.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_MYSQLI'		=> 'The version of MySQL installed on this machine is incompatible with the “MySQL with MySQLi Extension” option you have selected. Please try the “MySQL” option instead.',
  	'INST_ERR_DB_NO_SQLITE'		=> 'The version of the SQLite extension you have installed is too old, it must be upgraded to at least 2.8.2.',
*** 353,359 ****

'TABLES_MISSING'			=> 'Could not find these tables<br />» <strong>%s</strong>.',
  	'TABLE_PREFIX'				=> 'Prefix for tables in database',
! 	'TABLE_PREFIX_EXPLAIN'		=> 'The prefix must start with an alphanumeric character and must only contain alphanumeric characters, numbers and underscores.',
  	'TABLE_PREFIX_SAME'			=> 'The table prefix needs to be the one used by the software you are converting from.<br />» Specified table prefix was %s.',
  	'TESTS_PASSED'				=> 'Tests passed',
  	'TESTS_FAILED'				=> 'Tests failed',
--- 353,359 ----

'TABLES_MISSING'			=> 'Could not find these tables<br />» <strong>%s</strong>.',
  	'TABLE_PREFIX'				=> 'Prefix for tables in database',
! 	'TABLE_PREFIX_EXPLAIN'		=> 'The prefix must start with a letter and must only contain letters, numbers and underscores.',
  	'TABLE_PREFIX_SAME'			=> 'The table prefix needs to be the one used by the software you are converting from.<br />» Specified table prefix was %s.',
  	'TESTS_PASSED'				=> 'Tests passed',
  	'TESTS_FAILED'				=> 'Tests failed',
phpbb-3.0.10-RC2_to_3.0.10-RC3_language.txt
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 1100 times
phpbb-3.0.10-RC2_to_3.0.10-RC3_language.patch
(3.1 KiB) Downloaded 1147 times
phpbb-3.0.9_to_3.0.10-RC3_language.txt
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 1093 times
phpbb-3.0.9_to_3.0.10-RC3_language.patch
(21.13 KiB) Downloaded 1159 times

Meis2M

Post by Meis2M »

yes. 1th 2012 is good too.

it will a gift from santa claus :D

tct

Post by tct »

I'm Vietnamese so I'm not good in speaking English!!!

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »