Releasing 3.0.10

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
3Di

Re: Releasing 3.0.10

Post by 3Di »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Anyone is able to add code to speed up development of the 3.1 branch via github. If you feel you can help then please submit your code changes for proper review...eg, "hooks"
I know you are looking for hooks, please be our guest.. you too. ;-)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

Got to admit I love what's happening in 3.1... just wish we could get there quicker, then again I also can't wait for 4 ;)
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

I've updated the todo list in the second post now. viewtopic.php?p=230005#p230005

Ger

Post by Ger »

I don't like myself by asking this, but one question though: in the TS, Bantu proposed releasing 3.0.10 around the end of October and having the first RC around mid-October. We all know that this didn't happen. However, I'm courious about the projections: when do you expect to have the RC or the public release ready? I know, "it's done when it's done", but in my personal planning I have made room around first half of november to update a large amount of boards to 3.0.10. I know now that this probably was a bit premature, but still I'd like to be able to plan this in.

Let's make it clear I'm NOT asking for a release date. But i'll be happy to know whether you expect to have the RC in let's say November or December.

// please don't slap me... at least not too hard
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Ger wrote:I don't like myself by asking this, but one question though: in the TS, Bantu proposed releasing 3.0.10 around the end of October and having the first RC around mid-October. We all know that this didn't happen. However, I'm courious about the projections: when do you expect to have the RC or the public release ready?
Yeah, you told the truth.
Ger wrote:I know, "it's done when it's done"
In this case the old stuff that is everytime told by the Team doesn't fit, at least.
Ger wrote: Bantu proposed releasing 3.0.10 around the end of October and having the first RC around mid-October
Everybody knows, but in some cases it is not possible I know, it could be a sign of courtesy though to advise those, like you and me, are following the project somehow.

/ please do slap me... if you are right ..

I mean, If i promise a date:

1) I have to do it.
2) if I can't .. I have, at least, to advice my fans.

that's it IMHO.

thanks fo reading.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

People seem to be a little busy with other stuff right now. Recently I've gone through tickets, making sure we do not miss anything important. I have set a few of those tickets to "Blocker" and have been trying to get patches for those from other developers. We are pretty much ready to release and I think a release would only take a few hours of work. There are 38 open tickets and 14 tickets are waiting for merge.

Ger

Post by Ger »

Thank you for clarifying! :)
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Nice way how to say "it is done when it is done" .. so this topic is NULL.

Sorry, it's what I think. 8-)

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager

Post by bantu »

3Di wrote:Nice way how to say "it is done when it is done" .. so this topic is NULL.
I am sorry. We can not give you information we do not have. I made a proposal and it didn't work out as expected. So what do you expect us to do? This is just how things work when there is no real need (e.g. getting slapped by your boss or a security issue) to get things out. People might also have better things to do in their real life and I do not see a real issue with delaying the release until existing bug fixes are merged. Be happy about the information we give you by discussing such things in public instead of "the old way" and draw your own conclusions from the information we give you. Oh and by the way, your trolling is not helping at all, because I just wasted half an hour writing this instead of working on other things.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

bantu wrote:
3Di wrote:Nice way how to say "it is done when it is done" .. so this topic is NULL.
I am sorry. We can not give you information we do not have. I made a proposal and it didn't work out as expected. So what do you expect us to do? This is just how things work when there no real need (e.g. getting slapped by your boss or a security issue) to get things out. People might also have better things to do in their real life and I do not see a real issue with delaying the release until existing bug fixes are merged. Be happy about the information we give you by discussing such things in public instead of "the old way" and draw your own conclusions from the information we give you. Oh and by the way, your trolling is not helping at all, because I just wasted half an hour writing this instead of working on other things.
Hello there, first of all thanks for your attention.
Do not you believe some DEVs like me (yes, I have a lot of projects based on phpBB, open source and free, I get no money for that) are waiting this release before to pubblish our MODs? You wasted your half an hour time doing what? Telling me I am a troll? Pls be polite next time, thanks again.

Discussions are good if constructive, it is better to say it's done when it's done instead to pubblishing bad advertising.

And yes, my time have a cost, like yours. ;)

Have a nice day.