How to test a particular feature in 3.1:
1. Go to the first post
in this topic, pick a feature you want to test. "Patch in progress" features are incomplete, and the following instructions apply to them. To test "Merged" features, download the current 3.1 snapshot as described in the post directly above.
2. Follow the link to the RFC topic
3. Determine the location of the latest patch. This is done by scanning posts backwards from the most recent post looking for things like "work in progress is: <github url>". In case of timezone topic this is the post
Since this scanning can be tedious I will be gradually updating the first posts of RFCs with the current patch links, and I have done so for the timezone RFC. However for the time being you might have to look through a few posts to determine what code should be tested.
4. Follow the link
to current patch on github.
5. Click on "Source" link in top left corner. It should be already highlighted, click it again.
6. You should now see "Downloads" link on top right where "develop <-> feature/new-tz-handling" was previously. Click there.
7. Under "Download source", download the tree as either a zip file or a tar.gz file depending on your operating system. Make note of "branch: feature/new-tz-handling" - this should match the RFC you are trying to test.
8. Use the downloaded package to perform a clean install or an update of an existing board.
9. Test and post results in the RFC topic.