"Easy" tracker tickets

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
naderman
Consultant

"Easy" tracker tickets

Post by naderman »

Hey guys, I've been thinking about adding an "easy" flag to jira tickets. Independent of the priority it could highlight tickets that we believe to be easy to fix. The goal of course being to give new or potential contributors an idea of what they might want to try to work on. This could help us encourage MOD authors to contribute to the core. What do you think?

rxu

Re: "Easy" tracker tickets

Post by rxu »

No objections, although sometimes the ticket you consider as easy becomes hard just when you start to fix it :)

Sierron

Post by Sierron »

naderman wrote:an "easy" flag to jira tickets.
What are jira tickets?

@topic: Sounds Reasonable. An easy flag would make sure, that small bugs are fast fixed and yeah..
rxu wrote:No objections, although sometimes the ticket you consider as easy becomes hard just when you start to fix it
Well you could say that it should only be used if it is really easy to fix.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

Jira tickets are the things on the other end of this post: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=36399&p=219759#p219759 ;)

I don't mind giving it a shot. I imagine it should be easy to take out if it does not end up getting meaningfully used?

Ger

Post by Ger »

Sounds like a good idea. In that case I'd highlight it on the Get involved page so that people notice it.
Above message may contain errors in grammar, spelling or wrongly chosen words. This is because I'm not a native speaker. My apologies in advance.

Oleg

Post by Oleg »

I think there have been some "abuse" of priority field to indicate amount of changes needed to fix the respective issue. I created this report for open tickets with priority=trivial:

http://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/IssueNa ... stId=10194

Some of the issues there are definitely trivial, while some may have been considered trivial when they were created but subsequently turned out to be not trivial.

And a list for "minor" issues which is a lot bigger:

http://tracker.phpbb.com/secure/IssueNa ... stId=10195