Thank you Igor for bringing the diff up to current standards. Here is an updated todo list:
- Tests for new and/or changed code (naderman)
- Add @return and @param documentation to every function (bantu)
- Add documentation to wiki (evil3)
- Use request class instead of plain (passed in) superglobals (igorw)
I would like to see more specific requirements for getting this diff merged. To wit:
- Tests for new and/or changed code: is 100% coverage required? Is one test enough?
- Add @return and @param documentation to every function: this I think is reasonable.
- Add documentation to wiki: is this required? How much documentation is required? I would really rather not use the wiki, would inline documentation be an acceptable replacement?
- Use request class instead of plain (passed in) superglobals: the RFC for this was posted
, not to mention implemented, after the work on modular cron was completed. Quite honestly I think modular cron should either be grandfathered or brought up to date by development team members. Thankfully Igor made most of the other changes, for which I am very grateful. If it was not for his work I would not be making this post right now. If the use of request class is declared to be required then I definitely want to see modular cron grandfathered into all yet-to-be-implemented future changes to stop the update treadmill.
I sunk a good number of hours into the modular cron but I am not addicted to it and I will not be spending any more time on it until the total future time investment becomes bounded. If you want it, think about what you absolutely must have and postpone the rest until after the merge.
I apologize for being harsh. I tried to smooth this post down but I found it hard to do. Imagine being ignored for 6 months and then being told to go back to code I have not looked at for half a year to chase changes the dev team implemented while not
reviewing my changes and not even saying anything (boilerplate responses do not count). For those not on it, the development team had received a number of messages from me regarding this situation which were not made public.
And don't forget, I am not doing this for myself