Automatically duplicating a phpbb post to a blog?

Discuss general development subjects that are not specific to a particular version like the versioning control system we use or other infrastructure.
Jackson31

Automatically duplicating a phpbb post to a blog?

Post by Jackson31 »

Hi,
I have a website with both a Phpbb forum and a Wordpress blog installed, what i'm aiming to achieve now is to 'link' them.
I'm wanting posts that I make in the "News/Announcements" board of my phpbb forum to automatically be blogged on my wordpress blog and also add at the end of this blog post "Comment here"; some hyperlinked text to the URL of the original forum post.

Unfortunately I don't know much of anything about javascript, php or sql etc.
so I'm coming here to ask for your opinion on how i could achieve this goal.

Any help at all will be appreciated since i don't even know where to start (other than posting here),
thanks in advance.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Automatically duplicating a phpbb post to a blog?

Post by DavidIQ »

You'll get more responses if you post your question in our MOD Writers Discussion forum over at phpbb.com.

narung
I've been banned

Re: Automatically duplicating a phpbb post to a blog?

Post by narung »

If you are running a blog, newsfeed, or any other regularly updated website alongside a forum system, chances are that you would love to have the forums automatically have a thread for new post(s) so that your members can have a place to discuss the article(s) in question. :)