Media Players

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
WhiteWolfSix

Re: Media Players

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

I use WinAmp, WMP, and MPC (Media Player Classic). :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

I use WMP 11 - best version they've had since the one bundled with win98 :lol:
Use that for audio and video - does everything I need it to do.
Plus it's the only proggy I can get to work with my philips go-gear (syncs really fast so i'm happy)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

pendeja

Post by pendeja »

.Zach wrote:I use iTunes. I've never even heard of most of these random media players that you guys stated. :?
Itunes users usually don't know much (no ofence there) being babysat by a corporation tends to do that to ppl.

I tried Itunes too and got rid of it as soon as the application told me that i couldn't use a sound bit, that i created myself, could not be played because i didn't buy it!@#@$ i knows there's way around it but i don't need any parental control on my pc FROM ANYONE...EVER!

Not that this story as anything to do with this tread, but to me reflect very well the difference between ITUNEs users and others.

VLC all the way for any video...ANY video (at the exception of .RM that Chinese use to compile very small video files(i that case u need storm codec))

They even have a Iphone vlc remote control app.

(don;t try to offend ppl but would really hope you think about all that APPLE BS we have been submitted over the IFAD because pretty soon you'll see more and more business taking the APPLE business model of control over customers and products and that would suck)

Roberdin

Post by Roberdin »

pendeja wrote:Itunes users usually don't know much (no ofence there) being babysat by a corporation tends to do that to ppl.
[...]
(don;t try to offend ppl but would really hope you think about all that APPLE BS we have been submitted over the IFAD because pretty soon you'll see more and more business taking the APPLE business model of control over customers and products and that would suck)
lol. I think a lot of Apple users would find that quite offensive, whether or not you're trying to offend them.

I use Windows Media Player for most of my needs. When it hangs, I usually dig out VLC.
Rob

Alan Mor

Post by Alan Mor »

Been using Windows Media Center for a while and its ok cuz i can have my video library and a bunch of other stuff. Other than that Winamp

callumacrae
Former Team Member

Post by callumacrae »

I use iTunes for playing the music and VLC for when iTunes doesn't understand the file format (which isn't often)

~Callum
Made by developers, for developers!
My blog