phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 with MS SQL Server Driver for PHP released

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
naderman
Consultant

phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 with MS SQL Server Driver for PHP released

Post by naderman »

Chris Pucci of Microsoft has contributed a database abstraction layer implementation for the new SQL Server Driver for PHP to phpBB. The new DBAL is going to be contained in the 3.0.8 release. Since 3.0.7 was only released a few weeks ago and 3.0.8 is presumably still several months away, we decided to repackage 3.0.7-PL1 with the new DBAL included to reach a wider testing audience.

This package is also going to be the basis of the phpBB package available on Microsoft's Web App Gallery. The Windows Web Platform Installer can be used to easily install phpBB as well aincludings the required webserver and database (SQL Server or MySQL).

We are only providing a full installation package for this release and no instructions for updates from previous versions, since we do not recommend to migrate existing installations at this point.

phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.zip (Full Package)
md5sum: ea91bf404abdf482c15acd76299487e9
phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.tar.bz2 (Full Package)
md5sum: b523a4c4359bb118b3dafa3a73b7b6ad
phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.webpi.zip (Web Platform Installer Package)
md5sum: da350a9bdeb8fd759f00c67567d1f41b

ToonArmy

Re: phpBB 3.0.7-PL1 with MS SQL Server Driver for PHP releas

Post by ToonArmy »

You can test out using the Microsoft Web Platform installer by adding this feed into the application (from the options menu): http://www.cs278.org/phpbb/webpi/feed.xml
Chris SmithBlogXMOOhlohArea51WikiNo support via PM/IM

ToonArmy

Post by ToonArmy »

Nils, I guess you never actually fixed those links? :P Fixed now everyone!

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Oh, so this is what the new branch on github was about.
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

ToonArmy

Post by ToonArmy »

Branches. ;)

robhouse

Post by robhouse »

naderman wrote:Since 3.0.7 was only released a few weeks ago and 3.0.8 is presumably still several months away, we decided to repackage 3.0.7-PL1 with the new DBAL included to reach a wider testing audience.
Does this mean that issues with the use of the mssqlnative DBAL should be created with an affected version of 3.0.7-PL1 in the bug tracker?

Thanks,
Rob House

ToonArmy

Post by ToonArmy »

robhouse wrote:
naderman wrote:Since 3.0.7 was only released a few weeks ago and 3.0.8 is presumably still several months away, we decided to repackage 3.0.7-PL1 with the new DBAL included to reach a wider testing audience.
Does this mean that issues with the use of the mssqlnative DBAL should be created with an affected version of 3.0.7-PL1 in the bug tracker?

Thanks,
Rob House
Mark them as affecting 3.0.7-PL1 for now and clearly state it's the SQL native driver, we'll adjust if required.

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

The package has been updated to fix a number of SQL Server related bugs and it now includes complete web.config files for IIS. This package should be the final one making it into the Web App Gallery.

You can find the files at:

phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.zip (Full Package)
md5sum: ea91bf404abdf482c15acd76299487e9
phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.tar.bz2 (Full Package)
md5sum: b523a4c4359bb118b3dafa3a73b7b6ad
phpBB-3.0.7-PL1-mssqlnative.2.webpi.zip (Web Platform Installer Package)
md5sum: da350a9bdeb8fd759f00c67567d1f41b

CodedLovely

Post by CodedLovely »

I realize that this is a MUCH older post, but this is the post I found on Google when looking for issues concerning the SQL server I'm working off of. If I'm not severely mistaken, these are probably the plug-ins I need to alleviate the issue. If they work, then I sincerely thank you. If they don't, then I guess it's back to the drawing board and I can inquire about just such issues. Ha ha. Thanks for sharing these zip files, Naderman!
Celeste
Business continuity is important for the stability of your company!

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Unfortunately missed your post here. These are patched 3.0.7 packages. They do not contain anything that is not also in the standard 3.0.8. In fact 3.0.8 contains additional SQL Server related changes, so you'd be better off with the regular package than with this.