Post Unapprove function

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post Unapprove function

Post by MichaelC »

Maybe this is something for phpBB 4 but I think it would also work in 3.1

Like the feature in vB where you can un-approve posts. Basiclly, its doesn't delete it and it just hides it from all but people with Moderator permissions. Sort of like the Soft Delete MOD only better as the post is still there. Just hidden from the members and guests and VIPS ect.,
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"
No unsolicited PMs please except for quotes.

Comkid

Re: Post Unapprove function

Post by Comkid »

Soft Delete MOD leaves the post there :lol:

If it didn't, how would the post still exist?

Also, to not approve a post, just don't press the approve button. :P

imkingdavid

Post by imkingdavid »

@Comkid about that last bit, he's talking about unapproving a post that has not yet been through the moderation queue. It's very highly similar to the Soft Delete concept, and in fact does not have much difference at all. The only difference is that it would put the post back into moderation queue instead of just deleting. ;)
I do custom MODs. PM for a quote!
View My: MODs | Portfolio
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Remember, the enemy's gate is down.

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Unapproving a post is where a post that has been posted publicly and is avaliable. Unapproving is like just removing guests, members and VIPS ect., view of that post/topic.

Like a delete but it won't actually delete. Just hide from public.

If you want to know what I mean have a look at a vB trial.
psoTFX wrote: I went with Olympus because as I said to the teams ... "It's been one hell of a hill to climb"

Ashley.S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

Unknown Bliss wrote:Unapproving a post is where a post that has been posted publicly and is avaliable. Unapproving is like just removing guests, members and VIPS ect., view of that post/topic.

Like a delete but it won't actually delete. Just hide from public.

If you want to know what I mean have a look at a vB trial.
you thinking about a soft delete function, like the others have said?

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

Yes, but I was explaining it in general terms for comkid.

idiotnesia

Post by idiotnesia »

phpbb has approve function and I think phpbb also need to have unapprove function.
idiotnesia wuz here

MichaelC
Development Team
Development Team

Post by MichaelC »

idiotnesia wrote:phpbb has approve function and I think phpbb also need to have un-approve function.
It only has those functions for posts in the moderation queue. Basically what I mean by un-approve is a soft delete, you delete the post but it doesn't changes stats ect., because its still in the database just hidden from the public.