Installing a Modification

General discussion of development ideas and the approaches taken in the 3.x branch of phpBB. The current feature release of phpBB 3 is 3.3/Proteus.
Forum rules
Please do not post support questions regarding installing, updating, or upgrading phpBB 3.3.x. If you need support for phpBB 3.3.x please visit the 3.3.x Support Forum on phpbb.com.

If you have questions regarding writing extensions please post in Extension Writers Discussion to receive proper guidance from our staff and community.
Tweep Cat

Installing a Modification

Post by Tweep Cat »

Just a suggestion for phpbb4, I think a modification installer should be included with it. In phpbb3 I noticed that it is quite hard sometimes to install a modification that isn't on one of the default themes and I think it would be great if when you installed a plugin, or whatever you may call it, you didn't have to manually do it for other themes. I know that some other forum softwares can install a plugin it takes about a click of a button and it fits in well with the theme with no hassle. This is one of the few points that I disliked about phpbb3, and it would be great to see it implemented in phpbb4.

Aled

Re: Installing a Modification

Post by Aled »

What might be a good idea, is if the phpBB4 Admin Panel could link up to a plugin feed on phpBB's mainsite so the Administrator could download plugins directly to the installation without having to download to their computer, upload and then install the plugin. The Plugin Manager in the Admin Panel could also check for updates to any plugins installed.

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader

Re: Installing a Modification

Post by DavidIQ »

That's all discussed here.