ability to post by email into forum

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
baugmo

Re: ability to post by email into forum

Post by baugmo »

A mailing list like this, as it applies to phpBB3, should be per *thread* not per forum. How many threads are in an individual Yahoo group mailing list? Not to mention forums or whole boards. If it works for only one thread per board then it shouldn't be a problem structurally or conceptually (or something). Making it an option on any/every thread could get complicated.

bengrossmann

Post by bengrossmann »

Hi,
Any news on this front? We just set up phpBB and were about to launch the entire company to it, and then discovered that it's not possible to participate in forums via email.

That pretty much made the launch Dead on Arrival as far as users were concerned. :(

-Does anyone know if the Mail2Forum solution is getting updated to phpBB 3.x?
-Can anyone using it for phpBB 2.x tell me if there's a good reason I shouldn't roll back the phpBB install to v2 so we can use Mail2Forum?
-Heck, can anyone using Mail2Forum tell me if it works and is clean and worth waiting for, or are we stuck with switching to vBulletin?

Much appreciated,
-ben

njbiker

Post by njbiker »

M2f currently only works for phpBB2. Getting it for phpBB3 seems to be a long way off.

M2F works OK with phpBB2, but it is not with out it's problems. And it is hard to know if it is phpBB2 breaking or M2F. I am having an issue with it now as a matter of fact. I saw that link to Vbulletine, I at least have to take a look.

njbiker

Post by njbiker »

My current problem is with the limit my host puts on e-mails going out at one time, not M2F

PlushieGizmo

Post by PlushieGizmo »

njbiker wrote:M2f currently only works for phpBB2. Getting it for phpBB3 seems to be a long way off.

M2F works OK with phpBB2, but it is not with out it's problems. And it is hard to know if it is phpBB2 breaking or M2F. I am having an issue with it now as a matter of fact. I saw that link to Vbulletine, I at least have to take a look.
Is it really that hard to remaster phpbb2 email posting to the v3 version? I doubt it. I'm not that good, but the code is almost the same as in phpbb2.

I think sobody want cause it a lazy thing.
"I love flyin' through .')"

PlushieGizmo

Post by PlushieGizmo »

baugmo wrote:A mailing list like this, as it applies to phpBB3, should be per *thread* not per forum. How many threads are in an individual Yahoo group mailing list? Not to mention forums or whole boards. If it works for only one thread per board then it shouldn't be a problem structurally or conceptually (or something). Making it an option on any/every thread could get complicated.
I must totally agree. Nothing to add :)
"I love flyin' through .')"

eam

Post by eam »

To bengrossmann:

Have you found a way to have emails posted to the phpbb3 forum? Thanks

njbiker

Post by njbiker »

Still waiting and using PHBB2! Still working good too! Fingers crossed