= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Black Antitoon

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Black Antitoon »

Funny. So if I say "My board has been damaged by an idiot", I am having, thus receiving a complaint. And maybe, if I am the admin of a board, and someone tells me that he doesn't like it, I have made a complaint. Funny, I thought it was the opposite. And also Dog Cow thought the same, since he thought that he hadn't had any complaints, still after he wrote that sentence. But we both were wrong, and thank you for clarifying that. So now it is clear: Dog Cow said that his board was damaged, so he had a complaint. Please accept my apologies for not understanding this sooner.
Techie-Micheal wrote:Actually it did. Have fun with those three words. :)
Thank you. Your last posts are very funny indeed. :lol:

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:Funny. So if I say "My board has been damaged by an idiot", I am having, thus receiving a complaint. And maybe, if I am the admin of a board, and someone tells me that he doesn't like it, I have made a complaint. Funny, I thought it was the opposite. And also Dog Cow thought the same, since he thought that he hadn't had any complaints, still after he wrote that sentence. But we both were wrong, and thank you for clarifying that. So now it is clear: Dog Cow said that his board was damaged, so he had a complaint. Please accept my apologies for not understanding this sooner.
I said there was a complaint, I made no comment who was receiving it. Once again, you read something that wasn't there. Is that 4 for 4 or 5 for 5? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

To help you remember, here is what you wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote: Are you sure that's a good idea? Email addresses, IP addresses, plenty of fun to be had.
and I haven't had any complaints.
Until now.
Stop treating me like an idiot if you don't even remember what you write.
Techie-Micheal wrote:Is that 4 for 4 or 5 for 5?
I don't understand what this means (not joking).

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:To help you remember, here is what you wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote: Are you sure that's a good idea? Email addresses, IP addresses, plenty of fun to be had.
Until now.
Stop treating me like an idiot if you don't even remember what you write.
I'm not treating you like an idiot, and I know what I wrote. He's not had any complaints. That still doesn't say if he's received them or given them.
Techie-Micheal wrote:Is that 4 for 4 or 5 for 5?
I don't understand what this means (not joking).
The number of times you've misread what I wrote.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

I'm more and more confused...

I am now thinking that "Until now" could mean "But you may have soon", and this would mean that you were not complaining, just warning him. First I thought it meant "I am complaining now, so you have now had a complaint". Both were possible. But now you are saying that his was a complaint... It still doesn't make sense.

By the way, to me "having" or "receiving" a complaint are synonims in this context. I am not a native English speaker, but I would be really surprised to hear that I'm wrong on this.

Normally I would think that one between me and you must be an idiot, assume that I am the idiot and stop posting. But I am just too curious to see how this story ends, and shat else will come out now.

I have the feeling that you are also confused, since you are saying different things in each post. Or even worse, you are simply making fun of me. If I am wrong then let's try this: explain me what you were meaning and what not in your posts about the admin demo like you would if I were 2 years old. If this way it does still look confused, then you are having problems, and not me. If not, these will at least be our last posts here and we'll spare our time.

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:I'm more and more confused...

I am now thinking that "Until now" could mean "But you may have soon", and this would mean that you were not complaining, just warning him. First I thought it meant "I am complaining now, so you have now had a complaint". Both were possible. But now you are saying that his was a complaint... It still doesn't make sense.
What I meant by until now was that until this point, his board was running smoothly. However, someone took advantage of the fact that full admin privileges are given and basically erased the board.
By the way, to me "having" or "receiving" a complaint are synonims in this context. I am not a native English speaker, but I would be really surprised to hear that I'm wrong on this.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you weren't a native English speaker. Your English is very good for someone whose second language is English. :) I'll try and explain myself more thoroughly. When I say someone has a complaint, they are giving the complaint. When I say someone receives the complaint, someone else is giving the complaint and the person is hearing it.
Normally I would think that one between me and you must be an idiot, assume that I am the idiot and stop posting. But I am just too curious to see how this story ends, and shat else will come out now.
Nobody here is an idiot. :)
I have the feeling that you are also confused, since you are saying different things in each post. Or even worse, you are simply making fun of me. If I am wrong then let's try this: explain me what you were meaning and what not in your posts about the admin demo like you would if I were 2 years old. If this way it does still look confused, then you are having problems, and not me. If not, these will at least be our last posts here and we'll spare our time.
How am I contradicting myself? I've said basically the same thing. Please show me where you think I am contradicting myself.

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

Oh my god! I was totally sure I had replied, but I must have clicked the wrong button... Grrrrr! :x

My answer was basically: Nowhere then. You are not contradicting yourself. I was feeling totally about what I was writing, and you will never imagine how strange this kind of syntax sounds to my ears used to Italian. If I didn't, I wouldn't have written such things. Please accept my apologies.

I find funny, anyway that you didn't understand what the problem was even after this post:
Black Antitoon wrote:Funny. So if I say "My board has been damaged by an idiot", I am having, thus receiving a complaint. And maybe, if I am the admin of a board, and someone tells me that he doesn't like it, I have made a complaint. Funny, I thought it was the opposite. And also Dog Cow thought the same, since he thought that he hadn't had any complaints, still after he wrote that sentence. But we both were wrong, and thank you for clarifying that. So now it is clear: Dog Cow said that his board was damaged, so he had a complaint. Please accept my apologies for not understanding this sooner.
Now replace
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
Until now.
with
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
and I haven't received any complaints.
Until now.
and go through the last pages of the topic again, and try to imagine what I could feel reading your replies, which were totally absurd this way.
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Black Antitoon wrote:By the way, to me "having" or "receiving" a complaint are synonims in this context. I am not a native English speaker, but I would be really surprised to hear that I'm wrong on this.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you weren't a native English speaker. Your English is very good for someone whose second language is English. :)
Thank you. :mrgreen: A good indicator is punctuation. Native speakers just won't care (often), foreign speakers will, since they must read everything they write at least twice, to make sure that there are no (or few) mistakes. :)

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:Oh my god! I was totally sure I had replied, but I must have clicked the wrong button... Grrrrr! :x

My answer was basically: Nowhere then. You are not contradicting yourself. I was feeling totally about what I was writing, and you will never imagine how strange this kind of syntax sounds to my ears used to Italian. If I didn't, I wouldn't have written such things. Please accept my apologies.
And please accept my apologies. I was a bit rude to you, sorry.
I find funny, anyway that you didn't understand what the problem was even after this post:
Isn't the English language grand? :) Yeah, it is a bit confusing at times.
Now replace
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
Until now.
with
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:
and I haven't received any complaints.
Until now.
and go through the last pages of the topic again, and try to imagine what I could feel reading your replies, which were totally absurd this way.
I can definitely understand why we were having trouble understanding each other now. :)
Techie-Micheal wrote:
Black Antitoon wrote:By the way, to me "having" or "receiving" a complaint are synonims in this context. I am not a native English speaker, but I would be really surprised to hear that I'm wrong on this.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you weren't a native English speaker. Your English is very good for someone whose second language is English. :)
Thank you. :mrgreen: A good indicator is punctuation. Native speakers just won't care (often), foreign speakers will, since they must read everything they write at least twice, to make sure that there are no (or few) mistakes. :)
:lol: So true. :) Cheers!

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

Cheers. :) Now we must only hope that Dog Cow doesn't find this topic full of s**t before we have time to get away... :mrgreen:

Techie-Micheal

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:Cheers. :) Now we must only hope that Dog Cow doesn't find this topic full of s**t before we have time to get away... :mrgreen:
:lol: :mrgreen: