= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Post Reply
User avatar
Dog Cow
Registered User
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Dog Cow »

Black Antitoon wrote:Has this anything to do with the board not being up to date? :shock:
No, it's just that everyone who signs up gets an admin account (well, that is the general idea) and there's nothing stopping anyone from going around and deleting everything.
User avatar
Techie-Micheal
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:11 am

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Dog Cow wrote:
Black Antitoon wrote:Has this anything to do with the board not being up to date? :shock:
No, it's just that everyone who signs up gets an admin account (well, that is the general idea) and there's nothing stopping anyone from going around and deleting everything.
Are you sure that's a good idea? Email addresses, IP addresses, plenty of fun to be had.
User avatar
Dog Cow
Registered User
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Dog Cow »

Techie-Micheal wrote: Are you sure that's a good idea? Email addresses, IP addresses, plenty of fun to be had.
This demo has been up since 2006 (almost 3 years, in fact) and I haven't had any complaints. If you think there's "plenty of fun to be had," then go right ahead and be my guest.
User avatar
Techie-Micheal
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:11 am

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Dog Cow wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote: Are you sure that's a good idea? Email addresses, IP addresses, plenty of fun to be had.
and I haven't had any complaints.
Until now.
User avatar
Black Antitoon
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Black Antitoon »

IMO, IP addresses are not a problem. If I put a link into this post, and you click on it, I log your IP on my site. It's that easy.

E-mails are, I hope that there is no validation and that everybody signs in with a fake account. It's not a good idea to use the real one. And since you know that everybody can be an admin, I see no reason to complain about that.
User avatar
Dog Cow
Registered User
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Dog Cow »

This same guy who deleted all the posts and users a few days ago, "omghax" is back. :roll:
Last edited by Dog Cow on Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Black Antitoon
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Black Antitoon »

EDIT: Please read my PM. :)
User avatar
Techie-Micheal
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:11 am

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:IMO, IP addresses are not a problem. If I put a link into this post, and you click on it, I log your IP on my site. It's that easy.
Image ;)
E-mails are, I hope that there is no validation and that everybody signs in with a fake account. It's not a good idea to use the real one. And since you know that everybody can be an admin, I see no reason to complain about that.
Not everybody is going to be aware enough to use a fake email account.
User avatar
Black Antitoon
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:50 pm

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Black Antitoon »

So what's the point then? You were meaning that everybody can have the list of all IP's used by the other accounts, weren't you? (which IMO is not a problem)
User avatar
Techie-Micheal
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:11 am

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Black Antitoon wrote:So what's the point then? You were meaning that everybody can have the list of all IP's used by the other accounts, weren't you? (which IMO is not a problem)
Some people do not appreciate just anybody being able to view their IP address. Yes, your IP address gets logged when you visit a webserver. That's kinda how TCP works. ;) But it isn't there for the world to see.
Post Reply