HELP - NEWBIE ALERT - Templates for Board3

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
ThePhoenix

HELP - NEWBIE ALERT - Templates for Board3

Post by ThePhoenix »

OK Guys, sorry if I seem a bit thick, not been using phpBB much yet. I am a IT Engineer working in the UK and when I decided to redesign my site I was recommended to use phpBB 3 with Board3 as the front end.

OK, I thought, no problem, got it all installed fine, even customized it some, quite easy this is, damn good job by the guys who created it.

Anyhow, the problem is this, I have downloaded 2 new skins/themes from the board3 themes site (acidtech_tiger & black_pearl), I have unpacked them into the correct directory according to the instructions (/root/styles), that's fine. However they won't appear in the styles list in the control panel, OK I thought, opened up the xml instruction file which each theme, found the section for which files to edit, only thing is the files I need to edit are not there. I have the directory's inside but the particular files it says to edit are missing, they are not in the zip archive either. For example inside black_pearl I have folders labelled template & theme, inside template is a folder labelled portal but no files, inside portal is a folder labelled block, a file labelled index.html and a file labelled portal_body.html, inside block is a lot of files. None of these are the ones the instructions refer me to edit.

What am I doing wrong, both myself and my mate have had a look at it, my mate is the one who referred me, however whilst his site works perfect, he set it up that long ago he can't remeber what he did to make it work on his.

Hope this makes sense to any of you, I could really use the help. :cry:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: HELP - NEWBIE ALERT - Templates for Board3

Post by Kevin Clark »

phpBB3 styles contain a style.cfg file and 3 folders called imageset, template and theme.

You don't usually get any xml files or portal files in styles.
Where did you download them from and what is the link to your site?

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

I am assuming Board3 is a premod fork of some kind. If so, you will have to seek support from whereever you got it, rather than from here.

ThePhoenix

Post by ThePhoenix »

This is where I got the styles from: http://www.board3-styles.de/

They don't have the style.cfg as they are speicifc to portal rather than a full phpbb3 style.

Link to my site: http://www.phoenixgaminguk.com/portal.php

:?

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

Yes. phpBB does not come with a portal.
You will have to seek support there, rather than here.

ThePhoenix

Post by ThePhoenix »

OK guys, thanks for help anyway, I'll find the a appropriate spot on the support froums for the guys that write the styles.

Cheers

Oh, by the way, off topic a little, but how can I control which php page my site loads by default. For example when I type in http://phoenixgaminguk.com it loads the index.php which is obviously the index page for the forum, but I want it to load portal.php by default instead.