Guest Ban

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
palomablanca21

Guest Ban

Post by palomablanca21 »

I want to ban guests from posting and to in some way be able to disallow someone putting in text a website as I have had guests post stuff of an "bad" nature on my new forum. How to I disable a guest or someone who isn't registered from posting a new post or reply . Also how to do I stop text websites from being put into a post. Can someone guide me step by step?

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: Guest Ban

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

palomablanca21 wrote:I want to ban guests from posting and to in some way be able to disallow someone putting in text a website as I have had guests post stuff of an "bad" nature on my new forum. How to I disable a guest or someone who isn't registered from posting a new post or reply . Also how to do I stop text websites from being put into a post. Can someone guide me step by step?
change your forum based permissions for guests.Goto
ACP>>Permissions>>Forum Based Permissions>Forum Permissions
select Forums hit submit and next page you will see usergroups select "Guests" and hit "Edit Permissions"
and Goto Administration Control Panel>>Posting>>Messages>>Word Censoring
add the bad words you dont want ppl to see.if they post it will show something like ~censored~ or select an other Replacement for them of your choice.
Long Live PhpBB!

palomablanca21

Re: Guest Ban

Post by palomablanca21 »

Thanks, i will try that!