members

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
blueprins

members

Post by blueprins »

Hello it's sooo nice see phpBB again.

I have just convert my forum forum phpbb2 to phpbb3. But in phpbb3 sistem don't show the inactive members on member statistics. In phpbb2 I had more than 100.000 members but in phpbb3 it is currently 80.000

Can I in my phpbb3 tables make all the inactive users to active users with a SQL command?

Before I have done it succesfully, but I dind't find the SQL command now. Can any help me please how can I do that please.

Regards

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: members

Post by bolverk »

phpBB3 is designed to not show inactive users in the memberlist. You can do it in sql but why when you can just make the users active in the ACP? ACP -> Users & Groups -> Inactive Users

Not sure why you'd want to though, rather false advertising to make it seem like you have more active members than you actually do. :|

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Are you sure you really want to activate 20,000+ accounts? :? Most often, these are spam registrations, people that never decided to activate, or maybe duplicate accounts that someone registered while waiting for the activation email. These are probably not accounts you want active, unless you simply want the number count to look higher than it really is.

blueprins

Post by blueprins »

Darcie wrote:Are you sure you really want to activate 20,000+ accounts? :? Most often, these are spam registrations, people that never decided to activate, or maybe duplicate accounts that someone registered while waiting for the activation email. These are probably not accounts you want active, unless you simply want the number count to look higher than it really is.
Yes Darcie about 20.000 accounts. Actually generally is realy member, we are old forum since 2003. There ara several reason to cause them. For example we have used the make the user inactive instead of ban the user, some members can't active their account (wrong mail or couldn't get activation mail etc..) or they change their mail address on profile and can't get reactivate , and exactly sure a lot members have an account more that one, when we detected that we have close all the acounts etc... But realy the 20.000 members so much. When I learn that first I was be shocked : )

bolverk
Yes I know bolverk, but I can't do it ACP? ACP -> Users & Groups -> Inactive Users can take a lot of time.

Is there not SQL command to make all my inaktive users to make active? Before phpbb.com don't closed on my old questions in support team I could get this command and run it succesfully. But after this I have return to phpbb2. But now I convert to pgpBB3 again. But my post are deleted I can't find it :shock:

blueprins

Post by blueprins »

Is there anyone can give me a SQL command for this :roll:

Or ıs there any chance on my istatistics make the + 20.000 members :roll:

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Yes, but you'll need to be patient for someone to give you the correct sql to enter. Please do note that we enforce a six hour bump limit on our forums. You do not need to reply to this post.

blueprins

Post by blueprins »

Oke I'm waiting for any help about this SQL Command. I hope I can get this :oops:

stevemaury
Support Team
Support Team

Post by stevemaury »

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET `user_type` = 0 WHERE `user_type` = 1;

blueprins

Post by blueprins »

stevemaury wrote:

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET `user_type` = 0 WHERE `user_type` = 1;
Oh yes, thankssssss very very muchhhhhh seteven. ;)

regards ;)