Many, MANY questions regarding preference changes to phpBB3

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
quack

Many, MANY questions regarding preference changes to phpBB3

Post by quack »

Hello everyone! I was hoping someone could try to answer my many questions I have to ask. These are just preference things like where I can change the locations of things on my board. Well, here they are :)

1. How do I customize redirect pages?

2. How do I change the time of redirect pages to be faster?

3. How do I get rid of "registered users:" when it lists the users online under board statistics?

4. In the index, how do I have the last posting username AND last thread NAME listed next to the forum? Is there a MOD for that?

5. How do I change "The Team" (where it lists the staff members) to something else. I would want it to say "The Staff Team"

6. When viewing threads, how can I get rid of the viewing this forum bar/box at the bottom and change it to have the users
viewing this thread? Is there a MOD for that?

7. When it says, "Site Admin

that is an example of what appears on the side profile. Is it possible to put an image in between Site Admin and the Join Date?
Also, can you get rid of the time you joined?
Can you add the member number you are? Is there a MOD for that?

8. When both posting a new thread as well as posting in a thread, is it possible to decrease the size of the forum name and put some kind of box around it to match the style you are using (I am using the 610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net)?

9. When posting a new thread and posting in a thread, how can I change around the order of the buttons? I would like to have it as Submit, Preview, Save.

10. When posting a new topic, can I also get rid of the "cancel" feature/button altogether? This goes for both cancel buttons, the one with the save button in it's row, and the one by it self with the submit and preview buttons.

11. Is it possible to get rid of the "Save Button" and or feature altogether? I would just want the Submit and Preview, in that order.

12. Is it possible to put a skin selector at the bottom (not at the very bottom; like in between the legend images for the new posts/no new posts/locked forums and the copyright at the bottom)?

--------------------------

When I think of more questions, I will post them. Thank you to anyone that can help me with any of my questions, and it is asked that when you answer any of the questions, just put the question number next to your given answer. Thanks again!

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Many, MANY questions regarding preference changes to phpBB3

Post by bolverk »

You would be far better off separating these questions into individual topics. Several of your questions would require mod's and or code edits which would end up getting moved to the appropriate forum.

quack

Post by quack »

There are just so many questions and that would warrant for too many topics o.o

stevemaury
Support Team
Support Team

Post by stevemaury »

OPEN language/en/common.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

'THE_TEAM'        => 'The team',
REPLACE WITH:

'THE_TEAM'        => 'The staff team',

ric323

Post by ric323 »

quack wrote:There are just so many questions and that would warrant for too many topics o.o
Then don't ask so many questions at once!
This board works better if each topic is dedicated to one question.

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

2. How do I change the time of redirect pages to be faster?
look for the meta_refresh() function and change the 1st number in the backets (usually a 3).
It's in posting.php and ucp.php. Can't remember where else off hand
3. How do I get rid of "registered users:" when it lists the users online under board statistics?
Edit the group in the ACP -> Manage Groups -> Registered Users -> Settings -> untick "Display group in legend:"
4. In the index, how do I have the last posting username AND last thread NAME listed next to the forum? Is there a MOD for that?
Need to do a bit of file editing. This assumes you use prosilver style.
OPEN: styles/prosilver/template/forumlist_body.html
FIND:

{L_POST_BY_AUTHOR} {forumrow.LAST_POSTER_FULL}
ADD somewhere around there (you can choose the location)

{forumrow.LAST_POST_SUBJECT}
7. When it says, "Site Admin

that is an example of what appears on the side profile. Is it possible to put an image in between Site Admin and the Join Date?
You can add an image to your rank in your ACP -> Users & Groups -> Manage Ranks. Just make sure you upload an image and the type the file path in when you edit/create a rank
Also, can you get rid of the time you joined?
Change the Date format in your UCP if you only want it to change for you viewing. Or change the date format in the ACP to affect everone (I'm sure that's the only option without modifying any files ;))
Can you add the member number you are? Is there a MOD for that?
You can do that, but would require a MOD. Don't have a link to hand at the moment
9. When posting a new thread and posting in a thread, how can I change around the order of the buttons? I would like to have it as Submit, Preview, Save.
If you re-arrange the HTML in one of the posting_*.html file, yes. I'll re-post with this information as I can't find the exact file just now :)
10. When posting a new topic, can I also get rid of the "cancel" feature/button altogether? This goes for both cancel buttons, the one with the save button in it's row, and the one by it self with the submit and preview buttons.
11. Is it possible to get rid of the "Save Button" and or feature altogether? I would just want the Submit and Preview, in that order.
Yes, you can delete the button from the template. I'll factor that in to the code i'll post from no.9
12. Is it possible to put a skin selector at the bottom (not at the very bottom; like in between the legend images for the new posts/no new posts/locked forums and the copyright at the bottom)?
Yes, it will require a MOD. I'm sure there is one. I'll have a look and post back

Kenny.
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

Ok, for No's 9 - 11.

You can remove the SAVE button, be removing the permission for users to save post/pm drafts.
APC -> Permissions -> Groups Permissions -> "Select Group" -> Advanced -> Post Tab -> Set "Can save drafts" to no

To remove the preview button, edit posting_editor.html and look for this code and remove the preview input button. Save, upload and purge the cache using the button on the main page of your ACP

<fieldset class="submit-buttons">
			{S_HIDDEN_ADDRESS_FIELD}
			{S_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
			<!-- IF S_HAS_DRAFTS --><input type="submit" accesskey="d" tabindex="9" name="load" value="{L_LOAD}" class="button2" onclick="load_draft = true;" />&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<!-- IF S_SAVE_ALLOWED --><input type="submit" accesskey="k" tabindex="8" name="save" value="{L_SAVE}" class="button2" />&nbsp; <!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" tabindex="5" name="preview" value="{L_PREVIEW}" class="button1"<!-- IF not S_PRIVMSGS --> onclick="document.getElementById('postform').action += '#preview';"<!-- ENDIF --> />&nbsp;
			<input type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" name="post" value="{L_SUBMIT}" class="button1" />&nbsp;

</fieldset>
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

quack

Post by quack »

Thanks to all of the responses and answers I have received, but the first one a tried, number 5's answer, I got a bunch of errors and now the font on my forum is HUGE.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

...and the font is huge...

HELP PLEASE :(

quack

Post by quack »

here is my board URL:

collisionforums.com/forums

quack

Post by quack »

Okay I got the help with the errors and that is all fixed...

Cherokee Red: For #2, what about the other places? Do you know where else?

For #3, that is not what I meant, I meant the actual text "Registered users:", not the user group :P

For #4: I can't seem to find it. Here is what is in the file:

<!-- BEGIN forumrow -->

<!-- IF (forumrow.S_IS_CAT and not forumrow.S_FIRST_ROW) or forumrow.S_NO_CAT  -->
</table>
<br />
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF forumrow.S_IS_CAT or forumrow.S_FIRST_ROW  or forumrow.S_NO_CAT  -->
<table class="tablebg" cellspacing="1" width="100%">
<tr>
	<th colspan="2">&nbsp;<!-- IF forumrow.S_IS_CAT --><a href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- ELSE -->{L_FORUM}<!-- ENDIF -->&nbsp;</th>
	<th width="50">&nbsp;{L_TOPICS}&nbsp;</th>
	<th width="50">&nbsp;{L_POSTS}&nbsp;</th>
	<th>&nbsp;{L_LAST_POST}&nbsp;</th>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF forumrow.S_IS_CAT -->
	<!-- ELSEIF forumrow.S_IS_LINK -->
		<tr>
			<td class="row1" width="50" align="center">{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}</td>
			<td class="row1">
				<!-- IF forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE -->
					<div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}; margin-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}: 5px;">{forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE}</div><div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<a class="forumlink" href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a>
				<p class="forumdesc">{forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</p>
				<!-- IF forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE --></div><!-- ENDIF -->
			</td>
			<!-- IF forumrow.CLICKS -->
				<td class="row2" colspan="3" align="center"><span class="genmed">{L_REDIRECTS}: {forumrow.CLICKS}</span></td>
			<!-- ELSE -->
				<td class="row2" colspan="3" align="center">&nbsp;</td>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
		</tr>
	<!-- ELSE -->
		<!-- IF forumrow.S_NO_CAT -->
			<tr>
				<td class="cat" colspan="2"><h4>{L_FORUM}</h4></td>
				<td class="catdiv" colspan="3">&nbsp;</td>
			</tr>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
		<tr>
			<td class="row1" width="50" align="center">{forumrow.FORUM_FOLDER_IMG}</td>
			<td class="row1" width="100%">
				<!-- IF forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE -->
					<div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN}; margin-{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}: 5px;">{forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE}</div><div style="float: {S_CONTENT_FLOW_BEGIN};">
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<a class="forumlink" href="{forumrow.U_VIEWFORUM}">{forumrow.FORUM_NAME}</a>
				<p class="forumdesc">{forumrow.FORUM_DESC}</p>
				<!-- IF forumrow.MODERATORS -->
					<p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_MODERATOR_STR}:</strong> {forumrow.MODERATORS}</p>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF forumrow.SUBFORUMS and forumrow.S_LIST_SUBFORUMS -->
					<p class="forumdesc"><strong>{forumrow.L_SUBFORUM_STR}</strong> {forumrow.SUBFORUMS}</p>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF forumrow.FORUM_IMAGE --></div><!-- ENDIF -->
			</td>
			<td class="row2" align="center"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.TOPICS}</p></td>
			<td class="row2" align="center"><p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.POSTS}</p></td>
			<td class="row2" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">
				<!-- IF forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME -->
					<p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.LAST_POST_TIME}</p>
					<p class="topicdetails">{forumrow.LAST_POSTER_FULL}
						<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT --><a href="{forumrow.U_LAST_POST}">{LAST_POST_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->
					</p>
				<!-- ELSE -->
					<p class="topicdetails">{L_NO_POSTS}</p>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</td>
		</tr>
	<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF forumrow.S_LAST_ROW -->
</table>
<br />
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- BEGINELSE -->
<p>{L_NO_FORUMS}</p>

<!-- END forumrow -->
For #7, where do I type the path where I uploaded the image?

Also, where do I go in the ACP to edit date formatting?