Admin email Problem

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
ezzzy24k

Re: Admin email Problem

Post by ezzzy24k »

bolverk wrote:SMTP will not work with the settings you have, as it's missing several pieces of information.
What type of information am I missing

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

ezzzy24k wrote:
bolverk wrote:SMTP will not work with the settings you have, as it's missing several pieces of information.
SMTP Port:
Username:
Password:
did u tried turning it off?
Long Live PhpBB!

ezzzy24k

Post by ezzzy24k »

COD3M4ST3R-X wrote:
ezzzy24k wrote:
SMTP Port:
Username:
Password:
did u tried turning it off?
Yes I did turn SMTP off

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

And after turning it off, so that the board will use the default php sendmail, you resent a test email to yourself and ...?

ezzzy24k

Post by ezzzy24k »

bolverk wrote:And after turning it off, so that the board will use the default php sendmail, you resent a test email to yourself and ...?
NO email :(

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

And the latest error message said what? If you cannot tell which error message came after you turned of smtp then clear the log and send another test message.

ezzzy24k

Post by ezzzy24k »

bolverk wrote:And the latest error message said what? If you cannot tell which error message came after you turned of smtp then clear the log and send another test message.
That's the funny thing I'm not getting NO errors after sending test email to myself

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

Well if you check back here at some point, try running this script to test the php sendmail function on your webserver.
test.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
I have attached a zip file that contains a file called test.php. Unzip the file and upload to the root directory of your webhost then run the script in your browser, i.e. http://yourwebsite.xxx/test.php
When you execute the script do a screencapture of the results and post that back here. If you need assistance with this little test feel free to PM me.

ezzzy24k

Post by ezzzy24k »

bolverk wrote:Well if you check back here at some point, try running this script to test the php sendmail function on your webserver.
test.zip
I have attached a zip file that contains a file called test.php. Unzip the file and upload to the root directory of your webhost then run the script in your browser, i.e. http://yourwebsite.xxx/test.php
When you execute the script do a screencapture of the results and post that back here. If you need assistance with this little test feel free to PM me.
Here are the results:
This little script will check for fsockopen and sendmail activation.
If you see an error.. then that error will show what is not enabled on your account.
PHP mail() and fsockopen function test.
Send Mail check follows.. no error indicates it's working.

FSOCKOPEN test follows: (retreives the website name from news.bbc.co.uk)

BBC NEWS | News Front Page

FSOCKOPEN test ends.

Thanks for all the help bolverk

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

That means the test was successful and there is no reason the board should not be able to use sendmail for email. Can you take another screencap of your email setting page and post it back here?