Visual confirmation not working?

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
pcollum

Re: Visual confirmation not working?

Post by pcollum »

Brf wrote:You have edited language/en/common.php and saved it with encoding UTF-8(w/BOM)
You need to get a bettertext editor, such as Notepad++ and resave that file with encoding UTF-8(w/o BOM)
I'm sorry, Brf. was that for nikk or for me? (I don't think we've ever edited the language files, but I can't be 100% sure since I just took over administration of this board...)

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

Please do not hijack other user's topics.

pcollum

Post by pcollum »

Brf wrote:Please do not hijack other user's topics.
Oh, sorry. My bad. Kindof new to this and didn't realized what I was doing. :P I'll post a new topic. Thank you.

nikk

Post by nikk »

Brf wrote:You have edited language/en/common.php and saved it with encoding UTF-8(w/BOM)
You need to get a bettertext editor, such as Notepad++ and resave that file with encoding UTF-8(w/o BOM)
yes i editied this file and saved it with notepad, i have just opened it with notepad ++ and saved it with UTF-8 (dont get an option of BOM?) and changed it on the server but it still isnt showing correctly? could i of done something wrong?

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Under the Format menu in Notepad++, you will find several encoding options. One is "UTF-8", one is "UTF-8 without BOM". You need to select the latter, then save the file.

nikk

Post by nikk »

Ah!! Sorted!

Thanks BRF you are a legend!!

it was indeed what you said, just my useless self not being able to use the New notepad properly! never noticed the function to convert to Wo BOM! changed that and its fine!

Thanks Guys :)

nikk

Post by nikk »

Eelke wrote:Under the Format menu in Notepad++, you will find several encoding options. One is "UTF-8", one is "UTF-8 without BOM". You need to select the latter, then save the file.
Thanks for your help, got that just before you posted!

Cheers :)