Unable to complete install process

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
mig33tiniz

Unable to complete install process

Post by mig33tiniz »

Hello
I have a free host space at http://www.07x.net. My accout is http://migtiniz.07x.net. I have uploaded all the folders and files on that directory (at htdocs, as it is the uploading directory of 07x.net), have successfully changed all necessary premissions by changing chmod. When I point my browser to http://migtiniz.07x.net/install/index.php, the installment procedure begins successfully but prior to the last stage a white page is coming that is "Create Database table" section of Installment Procedure. Please tell me how to overcome this problem.

Here I am decribing the parts with consequent pictures:

1) After pointing my browser to http://migtiniz.07x.net/install/index.php, Installment procedure successfully starts

2) All requirement fields are found correclty

3) In Next stage Database settings part comes

4) I took the Database settings from my 07x.net's MySql settings. Please note that before this section I have made a database on 07x.net and the database name is xxxxxxx_admin. Please see pictures below

5) My table prefix in created database is phpbb_, that's why it automatically comes with Database Settings page. But when I pressed to next step, it shows that phpbb_ already exist, please select anothe prefix

6) So I have changed the default phbbb_ prefix to another one

7) Now when I pressed Next Step Button it works

8) In next step, it is Administrtor Details, I have putted neccessary parameters to that page and pressed Next Stage

9) It was also succeed

10) Now just pressed to the configuration file, anything did not change. Then it comes Advanced settings. I did not change any parameter of this part also. Please see the picture below

11) After pressing Proceed to Next Stage, there should began another stage called Create Database Tables. But instead creating database table, a white page comes and nothing happens after waiting a long time

So what I have to do to correctly pass this Create Database Tables and can complete my installation. Please reply me.
Last edited by mig33tiniz on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: Unable to complete install process

Post by bolverk »

Sorry images are too small, except for the first one, to make out anything on them.

mig33tiniz

Post by mig33tiniz »

HI
Thanks for your reply. Sorry the pictures were quite small. I have reloaded the pictures and now they can easily be seen. Please help me on installing and ask any relevant question to me.

stevemaury
Support Team
Support Team

Post by stevemaury »

Who created that database? Does the user have adequate permissions (CREATE TABLE)?

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

A few things.

1) Get a tool like phpMyAdmin if your host doesn't provide it (they very well might, look for links like database administration or MySQL administration). Have a look in your database, because I suspect you now have several installations that were executed halfway through (indicator: the installation reports there are tables with the phpbb_ prefix, yet I don't think you were doing an upgrade or conversion from an older phpBB version, right?) Then get rid of the tables that were the result of partially completed installations.

2) The blank page is an indication that an internal PHP error occured. Usually, you would look in your web server's error log to find out what went wrong, exactly. However, the fact you state this host is free doesn't bode well as to your access to the error log. One possibility might be that the PHP execution time limit is a little restrictive and the installation is running into it. I was under the impression it was possible to tweak the iterations of the install script, so you can tune it and get it to do less within each iteration (and thus preventing it from timing out). However, I can't find how to do that.

Don't forget stevemaury's question, although I think the installation complaining about existing tables is an indication that you do not have that problem. Unless there was an existing phpBB installation before you tried installing phpBB3.

mig33tiniz

Post by mig33tiniz »

Thanks Eelke for your nice and easily understandable reply. I later visited phpmyadmin and found 3 different types of table structures including phpbb_ prefix. Then I selected all the tables and dropped (delete) them. Now when I returned to installation process, step 5 & 6 did not come and I successfully passed all the steps before getting 11 no. steps I described before. Again that boring white page came. Then I again checked my database's phpmyadmin area and found there newly made 62 tables with phpbb_ prefix. Although in this time, the tables were created successfully (Please check the number of tables, if there is another left to build) by the installation process, but the process is not moving to the last stage where can it ends. It is not passing the white page stage.

Please describe how to resolve it (go to the last stage of installation) in a very simple sentence like before (just say what I have to go, what I have to edit) as I am not a programmer nor have enough knowledge to understand technical terms. Also please tell me that in steps no.10 (Advanced Settings) ( in my previously described procedure), whether there is any need to write down script path or not, and if it is yes, then what have to write (They recommends /phbBB3).

I hope I will be able to complete the installation with your help.