Announcements viewable by guests?

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Netrilix

Announcements viewable by guests?

Post by Netrilix »

I've been searching for a solution to this situation for a little while, and I've come up empty.

I'm trying to disable announcements and/or global announcements from showing up for guests. I'm looking for a way to do one of the following, any of them will help me accomplish what I'm going for:

-Show announcements to all but one forum [I'll disable it from my Public forum]
-Disable one announcement from showing in one forum [I'll disable this one post from my Public forum]
-Disable guests from viewing announcements in one forum [I'll disable guests from viewing announcements in my Public forum]
-Disable guests from seeing announcements at all
-Disable guests from seeing a single announcement

Any ideas you have would be helpful,
Thanks,
-Netrilix

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: Announcements viewable by guests?

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Netrilix wrote:I've been searching for a solution to this situation for a little while, and I've come up empty.

I'm trying to disable announcements and/or global announcements from showing up for guests. I'm looking for a way to do one of the following, any of them will help me accomplish what I'm going for:

-Show announcements to all but one forum [I'll disable it from my Public forum]
-Disable one announcement from showing in one forum [I'll disable this one post from my Public forum]
-Disable guests from viewing announcements in one forum [I'll disable guests from viewing announcements in my Public forum]
-Disable guests from seeing announcements at all
-Disable guests from seeing a single announcement

Any ideas you have would be helpful,
Thanks,
-Netrilix
To disable announcents to not to shown to guests change your Forum based permissions.
Change the following permission in the forum permissions "Can read topic" to no.
Last edited by COD3M4ST3R-X on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live PhpBB!

Lurttinen

Post by Lurttinen »

Umm...

a MOD?
Are you sure they have it in their phpBB installation?

Netrilix

Post by Netrilix »

Forgive me if I'm missing something, which is very possible, but did you add Announcement Centre as a later add-on? Or was it part of the original install? I can't seem to find it in ACP.

If it's a MOD that needs to be added on, I have no problem doing that if someone can point me in the direction of the version that features that ability.

Thanks,
-Netrilix

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Netrilix wrote:Forgive me if I'm missing something, which is very possible, but did you add Announcement Centre as a later add-on? Or was it part of the original install. I can't seem to find it in ACP.

If it's a MOD that needs to be added on, I have no problem doing that if someone can point me in the direction of the version that features that ability.

Thanks,
-Netrilix
:oops: Sorry for the confusion i was here for last 12hrs so was tired.
Edited the previous post.
For Controlling the permissions for Global Announcements theirs a validated MOD "GA Control" you can get it when PhpBB.com returns.Sorry!
Long Live PhpBB!