permissions to view files attached to post

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
kawvoy

permissions to view files attached to post

Post by kawvoy »

Another problem. I created a user defined group and thought I had set the setting set for that group to attach and download files or view pictures. However, two of the group members tell me that they get an error message that says:

"You do not have the required permission to view the files attached to this post"

I have the group permissions set in that forum to allow upload and download of files, but only me (the admin) and my global moderator can download or view these files. The group members cannot do this. Where exactly in what tab etc. do you set the permissions to allow them to do this?

Right now, I go to the Permissions tab, then under "forum based permissions" then "Group forum permissions, then select the group. Then I select the forum. That open up permissions for the particular forum and the group I want to set the permissions for. Then I click under advanced permissions. Under the content tab the "can attach files" and "can download files" is marked to YES. What am I doing wrong, or where do I set this so my user defined group can see attached files in this one forum??? Thank You again, this is really confusing as to why it doesn't work. :cry:

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Re: permissions to view files attached to post

Post by Brf »

You would also have to set "can upload" and "can download" for that group in Global Groups Permissions.

kawvoy

Post by kawvoy »

Hi Brf,

But doesn't that allow uploads and downloads by a group in all the forums? I just want them to be able to upload and download in one of the forums, and not the others.

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

No.
You still need the permissions for the specific forums.

kawvoy

Post by kawvoy »

Ok, I think I understand now. You have to set it globally to accept uploads and downloads, but it still won't unless you set each forum you want that to work for separately. If you only set one forum to be able to up and download, you can, if you want all of them to work that way, you have to set each forum to accept up and downloads. Thanks again Brf, I really appreciate your help. :D