Group management is not working

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
FX4

Group management is not working

Post by FX4 »

When I click to administer (manage) one of our three groups I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/fx4/public_html/includes/template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 33

We are running phpBB 2.0.23

We recently moved the board from one server to another. Unfortunately I just took over maintaining the board so I don't know if this was a problem prior to the move.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Group management is not working

Post by Kevin Clark »

Support for phpBB2 ended on Jan 1st 2009.

You will either need to google for a 3rd party support site or consider converting to phpBB3.

FX4

Post by FX4 »

Well do you have a suggestion for a secondary support forum? I don't think it is wise to try and convert a broken board. I would like to get this board running properly before migrating it to 3.x.

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

If you search google, you'll probably find a few 3rd party support sites.
I think some people have links in their signatures here, so you could check that as well :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

FX4

Post by FX4 »

I have checked on three other boards now and no response. I do keep pulling up answers in the archives on the phpBB support forum. Does anybody know when or have an estimate of when phpBB.com will be back up and restored? I think the answer to my problem lies in the archives for phpBB 2.x

ric323

Post by ric323 »

FX4 wrote:Well do you have a suggestion for a secondary support forum? I don't think it is wise to try and convert a broken board. I would like to get this board running properly before migrating it to 3.x.
None of the code from your old board is re-used, so that is NOT a concern. Your users and posts are almost certainly fine as they are.
The update process creates a second board alongside your existing board, so you can try converting to phpBB3 without damaging your existing board.
No, we cannot say precisely when phpbb.com will be available again. There is a LOT of information to be checked over to make sure the hacker did not corrupt it.

FX4

Post by FX4 »

Do I have to worry about hacks installed in the old board? Or am I starting fresh and just importing users and templates?

ric323

Post by ric323 »

FX4 wrote:Do I have to worry about hacks installed in the old board? Or am I starting fresh and just importing users and templates?
You are starting fresh, and importing users and posts. No MODs or templates from phpBB2 will work on phpBB3.
The only MODs from phpBB2 which are imported are the "Attachment MOD" and the "Birthday MOD" (only the data is imported, phpBB3 contains equivalents of those MODs already.)

FX4

Post by FX4 »

Okay that is probably the best path for us.

Thanks