Hidden posts like the hidden forums - how to?

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
gsantos

Hidden posts like the hidden forums - how to?

Post by gsantos »

A request for help from some nice soul...

Our forums see regularly posts that we (the admins or moderators) feel that should be reserved to be dealt only between the poster and the admins/moderators (sometimes users display private information erroneusly) an not seen by others. Currently we mostly delete this posts, but get permanently acusations for deleting some posts.

Is there any way to assign a post/thread a "private" or hidden status in order for it to be seen only by the poster and the admins/moderators, and avoid the need to delete it completely?

We tried a workaround by moving it to a different forum but is in no way optimus as all the posters of that sub-forum see each others post!

3Di

Re: Hidden posts like the hidden forums - how to?

Post by 3Di »

see the attachment below.. ;)
selfAuth_002.zip
self-auth mod by a_jelly_doughnut
(29.61 KiB) Downloaded 820 times
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

gsantos

Post by gsantos »

Thanks a million to 3Di. Seems a great solution to our needs, and a special necessity for one-2-one tech support forums.

When in a open tech support forum a post deemed "private" is posted, we'll have to move it to the "private support" forum, right? Workable, although the ideal would be to just "mark" it as private and leave it out of sight of other users, as it seems a competitor's BB does.

We'll use nevertheless this MOD. Must upgrade from 3.0.0, though... and don't having any other mod installed, will do it on 3.0.3, although when upgrading it to 3.0.4 it gets "erased"? Can I reinstall it on 3.0.4?

Once again thanks and sorry for some newbie questions.

3Di

Post by 3Di »

you should ask the author about these inquiries. I just provided the code you need to accomplish your request. ;)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

gsantos wrote: When in a open tech support forum a post deemed "private" is posted, we'll have to move it to the "private support" forum, right? Workable, although the ideal would be to just "mark" it as private and leave it out of sight of other users, as it seems a competitor's BB does.
Yes, this is a per-forum MOD, not a per-topic MOD.
We'll use nevertheless this MOD. Must upgrade from 3.0.0, though... and don't having any other mod installed, will do it on 3.0.3, although when upgrading it to 3.0.4 it gets "erased"? Can I reinstall it on 3.0.4?
Not sure what you mean by this.

Also, since this is morphing into a MOD support topic, I'll move that to the MOD / Style subforum
A_Jelly_Doughnut