Statistics Mod

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
Halikar

Statistics Mod

Post by Halikar »

I have just recently set up a new 3.0.4 forum and installed the Forum Statitstics 0.3.0 mod. However, I am getting a blank page instead of a statistics page. I have gone over the installation instructions, compared them to my edits, and so far everything seems correct. With the original phpBB forum down, I've been using Google cache to see if there are any solutions, and I can find several references to "blank page" issues in the discussion thread for the mod, but no mention of actual solutions other than links to other threads (which don't work since they directly link to the original forum and not to another Google cache page). If anyone is aware of this issue and it's solution, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: Statistics Mod

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Halikar wrote:I have just recently set up a new 3.0.4 forum and installed the Forum Statitstics 0.3.0 mod. However, I am getting a blank page instead of a statistics page. I have gone over the installation instructions, compared them to my edits, and so far everything seems correct. With the original phpBB forum down, I've been using Google cache to see if there are any solutions, and I can find several references to "blank page" issues in the discussion thread for the mod, but no mention of actual solutions other than links to other threads (which don't work since they directly link to the original forum and not to another Google cache page). If anyone is aware of this issue and it's solution, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
Check the Language Edits for that mod. :D
Long Live PhpBB!

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Moved to MOD Support forum.

What program are you using to make the edits? Make sure that you are using a plain text editor that saves in UTF-8 with no BOM.

Halikar

Post by Halikar »

I am currently using Notepad++ for my edits. I've used it on other mod installations for other phpBB forums, but this is the first time I've tried the Forum Statistics mod.

I've also figured it was somewhere in the language files since that seems to be a common statement in the Google cache archives, but other than comparing my edits to what the mod asks me to make (and finding they match), I'm not sure what to look for in any of the language file edits.

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

Gah, that MOD hasn't been updated for over a year! Not sure why you'd consider using something that outdated... :? There is a cached page that is second to last in that topic that has a number of fixes.

Halikar

Post by Halikar »

Yup, I know this is an old mod. My client wishes a statistics page for the forums, and so far as I can tell, the only options are one for phpBB2 and this one. If there's another one that's been updated more recently and is confirmed to work with 3.0.4, great, I'd love to have it. :D

idiotnesia

Post by idiotnesia »

This is a great mod though unfortunately the author seems to abandon it for quite a long time.
idiotnesia wuz here

3Di

Post by 3Di »

idiotnesia wrote:This is a great mod though unfortunately the author seems to abandon it for quite a long time.
have you got an external link where to d/l the latest version of this? I would like to read it.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades

Halikar

Post by Halikar »

It is still available at it's own link, but as it stands by itself it is not compatible with phpBB 3.0.2 or later. I am still trying to see if I can get this to work with 3.0.4 or not (or if there is an alternative, switching).

3Di

Post by 3Di »

Halikar wrote:It is still available at it's own link, but as it stands by itself it is not compatible with phpBB 3.0.2 or later. I am still trying to see if I can get this to work with 3.0.4 or not (or if there is an alternative, switching).
let me see what I can do about.. downloading. further details, if any, at my demo-board.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades