Field 'forum_last_post_subject' doesn't have a default value

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
GanzNeu

Field 'forum_last_post_subject' doesn't have a default value

Post by GanzNeu »

Solved this problem!

Your board's URL: http://www.cuppasandcards.com
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.2
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? It's a botched upgrade from 3.0.1 Apparently it is not upgradable from the server end. We somehow got it up to 3.0.2, but not exactly sure how. Now I'm getting errors, one of which has been fixed.
If update, what package(s) did you use? honestly can't remember. It was from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 which we also went so far as to try and upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 using the package at phpbb.com
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? yes, it was just an install they offered and it did it all by its lonesome!
MODs you have installed: none
When the problem started: would have been almost 2 weeks ago, but am just now finding out about this error
Your level of expertise (be honest): If there is something less than beginner! I can follow directions specifically, but I don't have the foggiest!

The error I'm receiving:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'forum_last_post_subject' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (0, 1, 0, '', 'Furbabies and other pets', '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 32, 103, 104)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 1029
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 176
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Last edited by GanzNeu on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pond Life

Re: Field 'forum_last_post_subject' doesn't have a default value

Post by Pond Life »

GanzNeu

Post by GanzNeu »

Thank you! Now I just need to talk my neighborhood tech support guy into providing me a one-on-one lesson on how to accomplish this without destroying everything! :oops:

PharaohsVizier

Post by PharaohsVizier »

I have a very similar problem, the error is:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Field 'forum_last_post_subject' doesn't have a default value [1364]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_forums (parent_id, forum_type, forum_status, forum_parents, forum_name, forum_link, forum_desc, forum_desc_uid, forum_desc_options, forum_desc_bitfield, forum_rules, forum_rules_uid, forum_rules_options, forum_rules_bitfield, forum_rules_link, forum_image, forum_style, display_subforum_list, display_on_index, forum_topics_per_page, enable_indexing, enable_icons, enable_prune, prune_days, prune_viewed, prune_freq, user_sort_override, topic_list_order, topic_list_dir, forum_flags, left_id, right_id) VALUES (0, 1, 0, '', 'dsaf', '', 'adf', '', 7, '', '', '', 7, '', '', '', 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 7, 7, 1, 0, 't', 'd', 32, 73, 74)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

LINE: 1086
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 192
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
And I've tried the solution above, and it didn't do anything, the error is still there. :( Can someone please help?

GanzNeu

Post by GanzNeu »

Prior to the regular site going down, I had had a similar problem, except with it being "Field 'topic_last_post_subject"... and someone had in there exactly what the default value was to be (null/not null -- can't remember) That solved that issue, wonder if anyone has the default value to share for this since PharoahsVizier tried the fix (I haven't yet) and it didn't work!? Thanks!

PharaohsVizier

Post by PharaohsVizier »

I don't quite understand what you mean, did you edit the SQL to have the default value or...?

GanzNeu

Post by GanzNeu »

Yes, we had to go into MySQL to change the value and honestly, someone else did it for me, although I kind of had it figured out at the time, I can't tell you exactly how we did it. Extreme newbie here who would love to have someone sit with me and go over how to change things, add code, etc.... :?

PharaohsVizier

Post by PharaohsVizier »

Thanks for the help, I guess I'll be seeing what I can do from my side. If someone else has a more specific solution, that'd be great. I'm pretty newb. :(

PharaohsVizier

Post by PharaohsVizier »

Sry for double post, but one more question. Did you change the SQL to do what you originally wanted or did you fix it with SQL? It seems that I can create the forum I want through SQL but not really "fix" the problem. :(

GanzNeu

Post by GanzNeu »

You know, it was just something like putting a "0" or typing the word "null" into the spot that was missing a default value! I think maybe you know more about this than I do! I had a friend who does this sort of thing for a living (server back-end tech!) help me. I had hoped he would SHOW me, but it got so late that he just did it remotely with access to my server, my MySQL database and the info he and I both found on the old support forum. Ok, I just "fixed" it!! Go to MySQL, go into the admin of it, scroll to phpbb_forums and click on it. It should open up the "tables". Find the "forum_last_post_subject", mark it, go to the little icon for "change" and click that. (might look like a little pencil?)
The tables you'll be looking for.
The tables you'll be looking for.
sql1.jpg (57.5 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
Then scroll to the side, Drop the box down in "Null" and make sure it says "Null" in there and then type "NULL" into the box next to it. Save. Try your forum!
sql2.jpg
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 135 times