Make ProNight skin the forum default

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
dont

Re: Make ProNight skin the forum default

Post by dont »

i did that bolverk.. what worries me is that i don't see "Make default style" under Options in Styles > ProNight.. what am i missing:(

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

@Agent F: the only post made mentioning cache was yours,
Agent F wrote:I cleared my browser cache
and I am not referring to your browser cache, I am referring to the board template cache, which is purged via a command in the ACP.

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

@ Don't: If you set it as the default theme in the General tab, it won't be an option in the Styles tab because it's already the default. An asterisk is shown next to the default in the Styles tab.

@ Bol: You mentioned purghing the forum's cache which as I mentioned wouldn't have any effect as to the type of change being made. It wasn't a file change, it was a setting. Clearing the browser's cache is standard procedure when dealing with a website problem. Browser's cache =/ Forum's purge cache.
Last edited by Agent F on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James N

Post by James N »

dont wrote:still don't see "Make default style" under Options in Styles > ProNight.. and i see it under prosilver and subsilver2. i am on 3.0.2.
You cant make it default because it already is

dont

Post by dont »

yup i purged that one as well as all the styles cache..

James, i see "Make default style" for both subsilver2 and prosilver.
Last edited by dont on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oXo

Post by oXo »

Open your ACP... go to Styles under STYLE MANAGEMENT click the Style then delete all the installed template except your default (ProNight ) then go to STYLE COMPONENT and click the Templates & delete the template which the one you’ve already done in your Style Management same process with the THEMES & IMAGESETS.
Now Go back to Style Management and install whatever template you wish to install so that your registered member can choose what templates they want to use BUT make sure that when installing the additional template don’t make it as a default.

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

dont wrote:yup i purged that one as well as all the styles cache..

James, i see "Make default style" for both subsilver2 and prosilver.
That's because subsilver2 and prosilver aren't the default already. Your other theme is, so the option to set it to default is hidden. If you went to the General tab> Board settings> and changed your default theme to Prosilver, then went back to the Styles tab, you would see that your other theme would now have the option. The option to change the default theme is found in both places of the Admin Control Panel, but it's hidden for the theme in the Styles tab if that them is already the default.

@ Oxo, that method would mean that all members who prefer not using the default theme would have to change their settings back. An unnecessary change IMO.

Edit @ Oxo, it's not about being lazy, it's just an unnecessary request to bypass a feature that should work.
Last edited by Agent F on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James N

Post by James N »

James N wrote:
dont wrote:thanks james! but i'd still like to let the registered posters be able to choose the old skin..
If you de activate the 'old' style in the ACP (just leaving the new one) then re activate it, I *think* that all members will be on the 'new' style and still have the option to chose the 'old' one.
dont wrote:sweet! thanks will try that:)
What happened?

oXo

Post by oXo »

Don't let the registered member to be lazy just to change the default style of what they want in your template gallery. :lol:

dont

Post by dont »

James, nothing, sorry forgot to reply earlier.. ok, will try to move things around in ACP as per Agent F post..