Make ProNight skin the forum default

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
dont

Make ProNight skin the forum default

Post by dont »

how to? i installed it and activated it and in ACP under Board preferences set it to be the default but guests still see the old default skin. at the same time under ACP > Styles > ProNight, i don't see "Make default style" under Options.. thanks..

James N

Re: Make ProNight skin the forum default

Post by James N »

acp>board settings>override user style>yes>submit

dont

Post by dont »

thanks james! but i'd still like to let the registered posters be able to choose the old skin..

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

I'm having the same problem as the OP. I have Proglass that I'd like as the default and have set it accordingly in the ACP, but Prosilver still shows up to guests. I cleared my browser cache and even tried an alternate browser. I also tried setting Subsilver2 as the default, but with no results. phpBB version: 3.0.4.
Last edited by Agent F on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James N

Post by James N »

dont wrote:thanks james! but i'd still like to let the registered posters be able to choose the old skin..
If you de activate the 'old' style in the ACP (just leaving the new one) then re activate it, I *think* that all members will be on the 'new' style and still have the option to chose the 'old' one.

dont

Post by dont »

sweet! thanks will try that:)

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

I don't want to bother my registered members by having to switch back to their desired style.

dont

Post by dont »

still don't see "Make default style" under Options in Styles > ProNight.. and i see it under prosilver and subsilver2. i am on 3.0.2.

bolverk
I've been banned

Post by bolverk »

Make sure in ACP -> General -> Board Configuration -> Board settings -> Default style the style you want is selected. If it is go back to admin index page and select 'Purge the cache'

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

bolverk wrote:Make sure in ACP -> General -> Board Configuration -> Board settings -> Default style the style you want is selected. If it is go back to admin index page and select 'Purge the cache'
As mentioned previous, we've done that. Purging the cache wouldn't have an effect with ACP setting changes. To further prove, I tested it and it failed to work.