installing on Win2008 IIS7

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
FFJim

installing on Win2008 IIS7

Post by FFJim »

I have searched Google and here for a solid answer but have come up empty and stuck on the Requirements page.

I am working on a Windows Server 2008 system directly, no FTP. I have full rights to everything on the system. IIS version is 7.

Common Windows installation problem: Cache, Files, and Store folders show as "Found, Unwritable". I have tried giving Full Control rights to the IUSR account, setting security settings through File Explorer, recreating the folders, etc., all to no avail.

Every other requirement is working perfectly, even the Optional FIles and Directories where everything is "Found, Writable".

What in the world is wrong? How do I get this to work on this server?

bolverk
I've been banned

Re: installing on Win2008 IIS7

Post by bolverk »

How do I get this to work on this server?
When you figure it out, let everybody else know. :P jk....sort of. Seriously though, if you don't have to use IIS don't.

Ricky_Racer

Post by Ricky_Racer »

I think for Microsoft IIS 7 answers, I would Start Here.

FFJim

Post by FFJim »

There is an installer for Windows; therefore, it would seem logical that someone knows how to make phpBB work on Windows servers. "Don't use IIS" doesn't help. That's what I have; that's where it needs to run. If you have experience with getting phpBB to work on Windows Server 2008 IIS7, please HELP!!!

FFJim

Post by FFJim »

Sometimes shutting up and listening is the best answer. I removed IIS7, installed Apache 2.2 for Windows, added 3 lines to the config file to enable PHP, changed the DirectoryIndex to index.php, tried phpBB again, and it worked!

If you are stuck with Windows, do yourself a favor and install Apache instead of IIS.