Newbie in distress, can't access ACP

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
guysnape

Newbie in distress, can't access ACP

Post by guysnape »

Just installed phpBB3, started editing the theme to get the colours the way I want them, and suddenly when I try to access the ACP I get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2405: array_fill() [function.array-fill]: Number of elements must be positive
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2405: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2408: vsprintf() [function.vsprintf]: Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)

I've searched some of these terms on here, found suggestions to re-upload various files in the includes directory and clean out the cache. So ... I've re-uploaded everything in the includes directory and deleted everything in the cache directory except index.html but I still get the errors. Any help, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

COD3M4ST3R-X

Re: Newbie in distress, can't access ACP

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

guysnape wrote:Just installed phpBB3, started editing the theme to get the colours the way I want them, and suddenly when I try to access the ACP I get:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2405: array_fill() [function.array-fill]: Number of elements must be positive
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2405: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_admin.php on line 2408: vsprintf() [function.vsprintf]: Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3137)

I've searched some of these terms on here, found suggestions to re-upload various files in the includes directory and clean out the cache. So ... I've re-uploaded everything in the includes directory and deleted everything in the cache directory except index.html but I still get the errors. Any help, anyone?

Thanks in advance.
Which files have you edited?and which editor u used?
Long Live PhpBB!

guysnape

Post by guysnape »

Er, not *entirely* sure which files I've edited - but it was only theme CSS type stuff using the editor that comes in the ACP. I guess if I temporarily remove the theme I was editing I might just get somewhere. Will give that a go.

guysnape

Post by guysnape »

guysnape wrote:Er, not *entirely* sure which files I've edited - but it was only theme CSS type stuff using the editor that comes in the ACP. I guess if I temporarily remove the theme I was editing I might just get somewhere. Will give that a go.
OK, done that. Now I get "General Error Template path could not be found". Still can't get to the ACP. Presumably I can edit something and upload by FTP to change back to the default theme?

guysnape

Post by guysnape »

guysnape wrote:
guysnape wrote:Er, not *entirely* sure which files I've edited - but it was only theme CSS type stuff using the editor that comes in the ACP. I guess if I temporarily remove the theme I was editing I might just get somewhere. Will give that a go.
OK, done that. Now I get "General Error Template path could not be found". Still can't get to the ACP. Presumably I can edit something and upload by FTP to change back to the default theme?
Or, obviously, I can rename the old default theme folder. Done that, can get to board index but still get the same error with the ACP. (I'll try to stop replying to myself for a while!)

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

That was a bug introduced into 3.0.3 if I remember correctly.
If you update to 3.0.4 the bug is fixed :)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

guysnape

Post by guysnape »

cherokee red wrote:That was a bug introduced into 3.0.3 if I remember correctly.
If you update to 3.0.4 the bug is fixed :)
Nope, still getting the same error :(

KeithR

Post by KeithR »

The original bug fix was:
Open includes/functions_admin.php
Find:

Code: Select all

if (substr_count($log[$i]['action'], '%') - sizeof($log_data_ary)) 
Replace with:

if ((substr_count($log[$i]['action'], '%') - sizeof($log_data_ary)) > 0)

guysnape

Post by guysnape »

The Bad Toad wrote:The original bug fix was:
Open includes/functions_admin.php
Find:

if (substr_count($log[$i]['action'], '%') - sizeof($log_data_ary)) 
Replace with:

if ((substr_count($log[$i]['action'], '%') - sizeof($log_data_ary)) > 0)
OK, thanks - I gave up and reinstalled from scratch, all working now (just banging my head against the wall trying to get my colour scheme to work).