moving forum

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
crinklee

moving forum

Post by crinklee »

is it possible to move my forum to another domain (same host ) but have my database still on the old domain? and if so are there any members of staff who do this sort of thing for pay?

crinklee

Re: moving forum

Post by crinklee »

i have found it is not possible to access database from different domain,, but im still looking for any staff member who can move my forum to new domain for pay.. is it ok for me to ask that??

oXo

Post by oXo »

Create new mySQL database with your new domain name and gather all information. Open your FTP then makes a folder name with your new Domain name & inside that folder create another folder with a name of WEB-INF << inside of that folder another folder make 2 separate & name it “classes” & ‘lib” after that throw all your files inside you DOMAIN.COM folder now you can see on that folder your phpBB3 (existing forum folder) & WEB-INF. Then edit your config.php with your new database info and your set. This is only a summary explanation.

crinklee

Post by crinklee »

thankyou for the replies guys you have encouraged me to have a go.. time to burn the midnight oil :lol:

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

oXo wrote:Create new mySQL database with your new domain name and gather all information. Open your FTP then makes a folder name with your new Domain name & inside that folder create another folder with a name of WEB-INF << inside of that folder another folder make 2 separate & name it “classes” & ‘lib” after that throw all your files inside you DOMAIN.COM folder now you can see on that folder your phpBB3 (existing forum folder) & WEB-INF. Then edit your config.php with your new database info and your set. This is only a summary explanation.
what in the world is this all about?

none of it makes any sense that I can tell.

and what does it have to do with what the poster wanted to do?

robert

oXo

Post by oXo »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
oXo wrote:Create new mySQL database with your new domain name and gather all information. Open your FTP then makes a folder name with your new Domain name & inside that folder create another folder with a name of WEB-INF << inside of that folder another folder make 2 separate & name it “classes” & ‘lib” after that throw all your files inside you DOMAIN.COM folder now you can see on that folder your phpBB3 (existing forum folder) & WEB-INF. Then edit your config.php with your new database info and your set. This is only a summary explanation.
what in the world is this all about?

none of it makes any sense that I can tell.

and what does it have to do with what the poster wanted to do?

robert

How can you move your existing forum to new domain name without creating new mySQL database? I have 2 phpBB3 forum with separate database... maybe I can learn something from you without creating another mySQL database & use existing database to move my old/existing forum just incase :roll:

In addition to this... if you have a shared hosting server like GoDaddy.com with 3-10 domain name how can you put it all in your web hosting server? ofcourse you need to create a folder for each domain name.