Warnings Duration and modification

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Seijin_Dinger

Warnings Duration and modification

Post by Seijin_Dinger »

Is there a way to set it so that warnings have no maximum duration? The default is set to 90 days before the warning expires. I would like it to be set so that it never expires, making a record of how many times we have had to warn a user.

On a similar note, is there also a way to remove a warning that may have been given on accident or similar misuse of the system?

<Small Edit>
How does one issue warnings?

JimA
Former Team Member

Re: Warnings Duration and modification

Post by JimA »

Seijin_Dinger wrote:Is there a way to set it so that warnings have no maximum duration? The default is set to 90 days before the warning expires. I would like it to be set so that it never expires, making a record of how many times we have had to warn a user.
Then just set it to something very high, like 9999 days? Also, the warnings are not thrown away after the time you set there, the counter of warnings will just don't count the warning anymore, but when you go to the "User notes" in the MCP, the warning is still listed there.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Moderator Team Member
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

No support here on Area51, please visit the Support forums over at phpBB.com

COD3M4ST3R-X

Post by COD3M4ST3R-X »

Seijin_Dinger wrote:Is there a way to set it so that warnings have no maximum duration? The default is set to 90 days before the warning expires. I would like it to be set so that it never expires, making a record of how many times we have had to warn a user.

On a similar note, is there also a way to remove a warning that may have been given on accident or similar misuse of the system?

<Small Edit>
How does one issue warnings?
Here,s a modification for deleting warnings Only admins can remove warnings.It works for me.

Code: Select all

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oe6ls5
Long Live PhpBB!

a_o_c

Post by a_o_c »

just set it to '0'

Seijin_Dinger wrote:How does one issue warnings?
in viewtopic, if you have permissions to do so, there is a triangle with the point pointing upward with an exclamation mark inside. you can also warn through the MCP

stickerboy

Post by stickerboy »

And the UCP if I remember correctly :P
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red