CSS Tags; Colours or Common?

Temporary forum to obtain support for MODs/Styles while phpbb.com is down
Ciriath

CSS Tags; Colours or Common?

Post by Ciriath »

So I'm trying to alter the look of a forum through the use of colouring, nothing fancy. However I'm yet to find any site or documentation that specifically maps out each .css tag inside the colours.css file and the common.css file... therefore, to discover what each tag does I have to edit the colour, refresh and reload and then see what changed. If the right thing changed, then I go ahead and stick in my preferred colour. This approach has worked for the most part but I have hit a brick wall when it comes to changing some parts.

As you can see from my two attachments, child forums have been changed, I know where to find the tags for these locations. However I cannot fathom where the tag for the parent forum is found, it's still in default colour as you can see in the first* screenshot. Also: I am going to assume that the header is actually a duplicated thin slice of an image?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
php2.jpg
(209.62 KiB) Downloaded 1871 times
php1.jpg
php1.jpg (50.39 KiB) Viewed 10928 times

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Re: CSS Tags; Colours or Common?

Post by Brf »

Yes. That is gradient.gif IIRC.

Ciriath

Post by Ciriath »

Ahh... so the parent forums have the duplicated gif working as the background?

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

The forumlist uses gradient.gif as the background, with bg_list.gif is the header background.

Ciriath

Post by Ciriath »

Brf wrote:The forumlist uses gradient.gif as the background, with bg_list.gif is the header background.
Great, thank you Brf.