Style mod not showing up as option

Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
Forum rules
Temporary forum to obtain support while phpBB.com is offline.
Please use the support forum on phpBB.com
jmalcodray

Style mod not showing up as option

Post by jmalcodray »

Downloaded new style mod, went into ACP and installed. But I cannot see the style in my board config drop down, only prosilver default is there. When I installed the style via ACP, the only option was to save in files or data base, I chose files.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks,

Joe
chdforum.com
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

Brandon07

Re: Style mod not showing up as option

Post by Brandon07 »

Sorry, I totally read your topic all wrong. :oops:

I wish I could help.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Let's make sure you've installed it correctly first.

You should have a zipped download containing a folder for the style [which one have you got?] which contains a style.cfg and 3 folders called them, template and imageset.

Upload the unzipped style folder to your /styles folder so it's next to prosilver.

Admin panel
styles
click install (you shouldn't need to worry about any database or file options)

general tab>board settings
Check you do not have the style override on.

Go to your user control panel and choose the style in the board prefs.

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

Yep, installed correctly as far as I can tell. (Did what you have listed.) I did have the style override set to yes, but changed it, saved everything, purged the cache, and still no option -- BTW, it was Serenity that I uploaded.

I set up a test user account and tried that as well, but there was only the prosilver option in the drop down.

Really hoping to set the entire board default to this new option, not just for user's to select. I prefer the narrow board with a background and the color scheme of Serenity is easy on the eyes.

Any other thoughts or ideas??

Thanks so much.
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Are you sure you installed the full style, or just the template portion? I can't think of many good reasons why this wouldn't display properly :oops:
A_Jelly_Doughnut

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

Great question -- pretty sure all pieces were installed. There was one zip file and I moved everything to my site. When I am on the Styles tab in ACP, I installed all 3 pieces under Templates, themes, and Imagesets. And all 3 appear under the "Installed" header (versus "Uninstalled").

I am wondering if there is another setting somewhere in the ACP that I haven't set or is not set correctly.

Joe
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

I thought maybe it was the Serenity theme from phpbb3styles.net, so I tried another from that site -- again, all files moved to site via ftp, no issues. Installation via ACP, no issues. But still cannot see either of the two new options in my board management -- only prosilver.

Question for anyone that might know: I ftp'd to the same directory where prosilver resides -- is that correct? (Wondering if I was to load one level beneath??)

Thank you,

Joe
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Check the permissions of the styles folder and the folders in it. CHMOD 755.

Oddly if you navigate in your browser to /styles it says it doesn't exist, and yet you can see the images inside it, for instance.

If that looks ok, put up a screenshot of the FTP window and styles page.

Brf
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Brf »

jmalcodray wrote: I installed all 3 pieces under Templates, themes, and Imagesets. And all 3 appear under the "Installed" header (versus "Uninstalled").
I didnt think it was neccessary to install the three components, as long as the style itself was installed properly on the top-level Styles page.

jmalcodray

Post by jmalcodray »

None of these suggestions have worked, just to re-state:

I've loaded a style mod (Serenity) into my styles directory, it resides in the directory similar to prosilver. Same folders and files under it, same permissions, etc. I installed it via ACP > Styles > Themes (and Templates) and it is set up similar to prosilver.

But when I go into ACP > General > Board Settings, the new style isn't available in the Dafault Style dropdown list -- only prosilver is present.

Am I missing a setting or permission of some sort somewhere else on the board?

Thank you.
Joe Alcodray
Dearborn, Michigan, USA