Why moderation on forums?

Want to chit chat about anything, do it here ... posting here won't increase your post count (or shouldn't!). Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above. Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests!
Forum rules
Please do not post any "phpBB" specific topics here unless they do not fit into the category above.

Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! No really... Do not post bug reports, feature or support requests! Doing so will make Bertie a very sad bear indeed. :(
Rocko444

Why moderation on forums?

Post by Rocko444 »

Hey. Why is this forum moderated before approval? Is it just a new member moderation or full moderation? I didn't see a Area 51 feedback area so I have to post it here.

Phil

Re: Why moderation on forums?

Post by Phil »

Users with 0 posts require approval like they do on phpBB.com. This is nothing new, we do it to prevent spammers or trolls, etc.
My phpbb.com account
Note that any of my opinions expressed in RFC topics are my own and not necessarily representative of the opinion of the phpBB Team.

Rocko444

Post by Rocko444 »

iWisdom wrote:Users with 0 posts require approval like they do on phpBB.com. This is nothing new, we do it to prevent spammers or trolls, etc.
I didn't get moderated when I signed up there. o_O

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

It most likely wasn't implemented at the time. This was a new feature added to the ACP in version 3.0.3 (I think...) to moderate the first x posts of new users. :)

OTmaster

Post by OTmaster »

oh that's awesome! i gotta go find that in my ACP.

Rocko444

Post by Rocko444 »

OTmaster wrote:oh that's awesome! i gotta go find that in my ACP.
Its in post settings. ;)

I cannot use that feature on my advertisement board. I might use it on my general discussion board though.

johnsemple

Post by johnsemple »

I haven't got it on my 3.0.4.? Is it only in 3.0.3?

darcie
Community Team
Community Team

Post by darcie »

No, a feature added in 3.0.3 would still remain through 3.0.4. :)

Look on the main page of the ACP under the Board configuration header for Post settings. See there "Maximum post count for queued posts:"
If queued posts is enabled, this is the post count the user need to reach in order to post without post approval. If the users post count is below this number, the post is stored in the queue automatically.
If you have troubles with this, post in the support forum.

johnsemple

Post by johnsemple »

No that does not appear on my board. Thanks I will raise the question on the support forum.