I miss Skype in phpbb3

Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here.
Forum rules
Discuss features as they are added to the new version. Give us your feedback. Don't post bug reports, feature requests, support questions or suggestions here. Feature requests are closed.
harmlessgoat22

Re: I miss Skype in phpbb3

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

If you are too lazy, why don't you go and get IPB or vB for over $100, which has all kinds of features and you will never need to mod anything :roll: :roll: :roll:
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

There is already a AJAX Chatbox for phpBB3
You can see it here (and test it out if you want) [SPAM]
I have another version that I haven't finished all the feature yet that works with:
IE
Safari
Mozilla
FireFox
Camino
Opera

It's not uploaded at the moment so you can't see it.

cotp

Post by cotp »

Hello everyone and thanks for your efforts (and humour)

So in the end will it be possible to do a VOIP like Skype on PhpBB3 or will we have to wait for a MOD to be created ?
I see of course there is one on phpBB2....

Cotp

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

A field that links to a person can be done out of the box, you just add a URL field (but you will have to instruct users on how to properly populate it, I think, they'll have to add skype://" target="_blank or callto://" target="_blank themselves). If you want online/offline status and/or want your users to be able to just enter their Skype name, it will have to be modded.

patrikana

Post by patrikana »

Okay, the gizmo is the inn media brand. It has two phone ports on back. When I plug into phone port 2 I just get a busy signal. Is it possible to "hack" this port into operation? I would like to have my second "signature" number ring into port 2. Is it possible to add a second gizmo and configure it to the signature number? Is there any way to open the second port on my Sun rocket VOIP gizmo?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Hmm... perhaps you missed that this is not a GIZMO support forum? ;)

RMcGirr83

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Do not hire Christian Bullock he won't finish the job and will keep your money

Aled

Post by Aled »

I have not read the entire thread, just the first page. I do not understand what Jabber is, but I think it would be logical to replace it with Skype. Prehaps a feature what allows the admin to select which ones he wants in a User Profile from the admin panel.
MSN Messenger - 1
Yahoo Messenger - 0
Jabber - 0
Skype -1
ICQ - 0
-Aled

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

I smell another plugin system. One for profile fields, with standardized functions that return an HTML string to display the field in the UCP, in a user's profile and a representation to store it in the database. Oh, and a warning somewhere stating that you shouldn't go overboard on the profile plugins you install :)

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

Aled wrote:I have not read the entire thread, just the first page. I do not understand what Jabber is, but I think it would be logical to replace it with Skype. Prehaps a feature what allows the admin to select which ones he wants in a User Profile from the admin panel.

-Aled
If you don't understand what Jabber is, why is it logical to replace it with Skype?? I for one don't want Skype on my PC but I have no problems with there being a Skype field in the user's profile. In that respect your last sentence is understandable but, it almost sound like a feature request.
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.